Model Cars Magazine Forum

So I went into a Hobby Lobby today and discovered a couple of interesting things.

1. Some of the Testors spray paint has been marked down. Picked up a couple of cans for $3.21, almost half off.

2. They have made room for the upcoming Revell 50 Olds and 57 Ford.

3. If you have a smartphone, no need to print a coupon. I walked up to the register with the Phantom Van and found the HL website and they were able to use the code from the online coupon, saving me $10 on the cost of the kit!

Now that I know I can use my phone to get 40% off, I might be spending more time and money at Hobby Lobby.

When I take 2 coupons, I take what I bought the first time out to the car and go back in for the second time and use a different register B) I know it looks sheepish,but I'm sure there are others who have done it to. :lol:

I am glad I'm not the only one that does this. My cheapness knows no bounds, I did that three times in a row once. I have also given a twenty to my six year old daughter to take advantage of the coupon herself.

Welcome to the 21st century guys :P:lol: , been using my phone for the coupons for a awhile now, I just forward the email to it. I have not yet tried using a coupon more then once at a time, but I might try it, now that I have to drive a little further now .

You can also do this with Michael coupons

We have a FAST meeting at Hobby Lobby on Saturday and I have some coupons. Maybe I'll get there early and try to score a '50 Olds.

Jim,

The Olds isn't there yet, I just noticed they had made a spot for it. My guess is that they re-set the section and made room for it once it arrives.

I almost picked up a '76 Caprice kit, just for the trailer but remembered I already had one and surely didn't need another.

I am waiting for Hobby Lobby to start carrying the Caddy lowrider kit that just came out, I think one closest to me now is getting ready to start adding new kits, the last time I was there, there were a lot of empty space's and a good number of kits at the clearance rack

I go into the local Hobby Lobby a couple times a week and generally pick up either the '25 T Double Kit or the Lindberg '34 Pickup depending on which has been restocked and available. They get 2 of each every time they restock - the '25 is $14.93 with the phone coupon and the '34 is $11.03. Been doing this most of the summer and have 15 or 16 of each now.

Still, I have yet to see a 'Clearance Rack' with model kits available at the store I shop in; additionally, there are no blank spots in inventory space waiting for new items. They keep probably 2 each of about 50 different kits most times (plus about 20 or 25 different diecast - of course, this changes with sales) and simply add any new inventory into the existing stock.

Just hope they continue re-ordering - don't have nearly enough yet!

Let me know when that happens!

{Which one are you referring to as closest to you?}

B)

I am not really sure if its any closer, but I was talking about the one on Bell Rd by Arrowhead, I was there today, I guess I was wrong, they restocked, they only seem to have a handful of new kits.

They had Ford Phantom, Ecto 1A, Avanti, and few others that I can not remember right this moment

Edited by martinfan5

That's the one I go to. They never seem to have anything "new".

I dont either Greg, before we moved, I was going to the one on 99th and Mcdowell, I like that store, the only thing I like about the one Bell is they have a better selection of tools/and supplys the other one. I may start making the drive the other one

The Olds isn't there yet, I just noticed they had made a spot for it. My guess is that they re-set the section and made room for it once it arrives.

They have made room and added divider stickers for the Revell '68 Firebird Foose Design, Polar Lights Petty Torino Talledega, and AMT '69 Hurst/Olds kits at my local store, too.

I am glad I'm not the only one that does this. My cheapness knows no bounds, I did that three times in a row once. I have also given a twenty to my six year old daughter to take advantage of the coupon herself.

LOL, that's exactly what I was going to do today with my 12 year old son! LOL

Bummer. No Olds at HL today. I even checked the empty slots and not even a label for any on the shelves.

It won't be shipping until near the end of September, unless Hobby Lobby gets them earlier then everyone else. Based on what I've seen forum members pick up at LHSs and what I've seen appear on the shelves at HL, they get them about the same time as everyone else...check back during the last week of September.

I dont either Greg, before we moved, I was going to the one on 99th and Mcdowell, I like that store, the only thing I like about the one Bell is they have a better selection of tools/and supplys the other one. I may start making the drive the other one

The 99th and Mcdowell is the one I go to. Last week when I went they had several new kits on the shelf.

Steve,

While shopping there last week I did notice that as part of the model kit re-set, they have made room for the kits you mentioned on the shelves. When they get them will depend on when Revell ships them to the Hobby Lobby distribution center and then however long it takes the HL DC to ship to the stores.

Jonathan, have you tried Andy's Hobbies on 59th Ave & Greenway? He has a pretty good selection of kits and supplies.