Model Cars Magazine Forum

COMPLETE: Dale Sr's "What If" Ride

Jay

This my first post here so go easy on me!!

Here's a little something I put together watching "Dale" the other night. This is what I think Dale Sr's car would look like today if he hadn't died. I did something similar to this a few years ago, but I wasn't happy with my paintwork..... so I cut the body off the chassis and replaced it with what you see here.

The paint is Tamiya black & silver topped with Transtar urethane. The decals are mainly from BSR with a few odds and ends to make the car look more current. The exhaust dump on the right side was made from a spare hood hinge I had lying around.

0001-vi.jpg

0002-vi.jpg

0004-vi.jpg

0006-vi.jpg

0007-vi.jpg

0008-vi.jpg

0011-vi.jpg

Well hot ######! Dude, you just bought the kit on Friday!!!! That is amazing!!!!! The paint, like Dave said, is flawless....And just the right amount of detail is added. Hint: Post the 8.........please.

FANTASTIC BUDDY! Ya gotta love the XM decal! ;)

Jamie

Charlie Murphy!!!!!!!!

Edited by jamie

I echo what has already been said. It's breathtaking buddy!!!

I can only warn you, if we both make it to Atlanta this year, or when were at NNL East next year, you better keep an eye on it at all times. ;)

Seriously Jay, that is absolutely amazing.....fantastic.....perfection.

Between the movie and this build, I'm really missing big E.

Welcome to the forum!

What a nice tribute! You certainly captured the essence of the intimidator's ride.

That sad day, Feb. 18 2001, I discovered that I was not a NASCAR fan, but a huge Dale Earnhardt fan. Haven't watched a Nascar race ever since.

Thanks,

What should have been. Unlike most fantasy-tribute builds you didn't stick with what always was and got creative....Nice touch with the XM secondary. Looks great overall, Jay!

Ismael, we gotta get you to build an Earnhardt car...And the Daytona 24 Hour Corvette doesn't count! :rolleyes: (I just bought that kit myself!)

Edited by Billy Kingsley