Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Build Somewhat Restomoded 67 Shelby 3/10/16 Finished !

Metalmad

Another small update & pictures will be coming soon !

Started cleaning up the flash on the front end parts & did not realize how much time it really takes to clean up these little parts but it will be well worth it in the end. I also took a stab at assembling a Detail Master racing wheel that I had in my parts stash which took a little bit longer than I thought it would since it fought me a little going together but looks ok.

So till next time Keep On Building !

Here are the pictures of the Detail Master racing steering wheel that I have assembled & my first attempt at scratch building a hinge for the trunk. I still need to clean up the area where I have attached the sleeves to the underside of the trunk for the hinge and then I will paint the underside of the trunk before I airbrush the color of the outside of the trunk plus I have filled in the rear bottom of the valance where the factory exhaust was suppose to be run out the back.

Thats all for now but more updates will be coming soon !

post-11522-0-60645700-1415076507_thumb.jpost-11522-0-69829500-1415076527_thumb.jpost-11522-0-12196100-1415076573_thumb.j

Edited by Metalmad

Small update,

I'm in the process of reworking the front bumper that will be painted the same color as the body, got the gas, clutch and brake pedals painted and also have the Nos bottle painted. Worked on some speakers that will be installed in the interior & have them painted & also have gotten the starter painted & will install soon. I also have found a electric fan in the extra parts box & also have made modifications to it so it installs smoothly & have it painted but will still need some black wash paint to detail it then add the wiring to it.

Another little update,

Started flocking the interior today which it doesn't look to good since I'm only doing the areas that will be seen & I also started detailing the dash so when I get the decals I ordered all I will have to do is install the decals & also started working on the shifter install.

Small update,

I have applied the NOS decal to the bottle so I will let it cure over night then tomorrow shoot a little clear over it. I also started the detail on the dash & door panels & center console with some brown to simulate wood & leather but not sure how it will turn out but I'm hoping for the best.

Will have pictures up soon.

Small update,

Decals applied on the painted NOS bottle & cleared today and I will add the knob, brackets & braided line after the clear has cured & I also worked on detailing the dash & will share pictures of the dash when It is finished.

Thanks for looking !

post-11522-0-19794500-1415769459_thumb.j

Edited by Metalmad

Small update,

I was able to get the dash gauge decals applied & get some finishing touch's done on the interior. It looks like I will be scratch building some brackets for the NOS bottle since I don't really care for the photo etch bracket parts so that is what I'll tackle next.

Small update,

Was able to get most of the interior done so this is just a mock up of it & not glued in yet since I still have to assemble a pair of seat belts & assemble the rest of the Nos bottle & also add the hard line to the Nos bottle. Was not to happy with the way the flocking came out but it will have to do for now.

Thanks for looking !post-11522-0-31306000-1416102980_thumb.jpost-11522-0-77233500-1416103009_thumb.jpost-11522-0-56235800-1416103042_thumb.jpost-11522-0-63416300-1416103092_thumb.jpost-11522-0-36955100-1416103117_thumb.j

Edited by Metalmad

Small update,

Since I really don't have to much room in the engine bay I decided to move the battery to the trunk so I decided to scratch build the battery tray which is done so next I will work on scratch building the battery hold down.

Paul the carpet is flocking & I wanted to use embossing powder but had no luck finding it in a tan color or brown color.

Thanks for looking !

Small update,

Battery tray & battery hold down finished so next will be shooting them with some primer & also shooting some primer on the battery then start on the battery cables and ends. I also have the fire wall painted as well as the brake booster and brake master.

Thanks for looking !

Small update,

I have the battery box & hold down painted & cleared & battery painted. Next will be to add the battery posts , battery cable ends & battery cables to the battery. I also have the brake booster installed to the firewall & have the brake master painted in detail & drilled for the brake lines.

Small update,

I have finished the battery cables & have installed the cable ends, I was not happy with the color of the scratch built battery box so that got repainted today & also painted the radiator in aluminum so next will be to install the electric fan to the radiator & later this evening install the battery cables to the battery & battery to battery box as long as it is dry from the repaint today.

Will try to get some updated pictures up this evening.

post-11522-0-84888300-1416780223_thumb.jpost-11522-0-81914300-1416780251_thumb.jpost-11522-0-92214000-1416780280_thumb.jpost-11522-0-97563700-1416780319_thumb.j

Small update with photos,

Finished up the battery cables & ends and now they are attached to the battery & battery installed to the scratch built battery box which will placed and secured in the trunk. I have also finished up the electric fan assembly with the wiring and attached the electric fan to the radiator. Next will be attaching fuel line to the Nos bottle and the fittings & installing the Nos bottle.

Thanks for looking !

Edited by Metalmad

• 2 months later...