Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 914/6 GT '70 Le Mans 24 Hr - Finished

afx

I thought I would show you what the car looks like in street clothes before I give it the full race car treatment. It's obviously not 100% complete but I think you can see the street car potential.

DSCN1925-vi.jpg

DSCN1931-vi.jpg

DSCN1930-vi.jpg

Edited by afx

I am trying to turn him into a Porschephile . He is really into Ferraris (aren't we all) and old Indy/F1 cars. He does have a couple nice '60s race car kits in the works though but no Porsches that I am aware of. Stay tuned.

I am trying to turn him into a Porschephile . He is really into Ferraris (aren't we all) and old Indy/F1 cars. He does have a couple nice '60s race car kits in the works though but no Porsches that I am aware of. Stay tuned.

Nice. I know he's doing a Scarab, and is the other a Chaparral? A correct full detail 904 GTS (Monogram slot car as a base) would be awesome. The 914/6GT is truly an awesome kit.

Thanks Jose & Jonathan.

Maxx, Yes he is working on a Scarab and a Chaparral. There are a few other ideas he is working on. I don't want to mention them in case he decides not to release them. I agree the 904 would be a good choice.

Jason, I have considered leaving it a street car but I didn't BMF the windshield trim. The race car had duct tape covering the trim. So I think that forces the race car route. Glad you like it so far.