Model Cars Magazine Forum

"EL VAN-PYRE"--A 70s Van (Another Cranky-Fried Creation)

You are right, Rob, by building models we are saving ourselves thousands of dollars! :lol:

Thank you for all the great support and comments. I just got back from a washed out first weekend of Bike Week at Daytona Beach. It rained all weekend! :angry:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

what?? you gave up on this one???

hey remember this??..........

cosmos001.jpg

its still here waiting to be built, i have to grab another willys kit so i can finish it. i still have to color sand and buff it as well...

cosmos002.jpg

this is another one of crankys masterpieces that he sent me to build.... i think i have another one here that looks like a snake? i cant remember, and alot of my stuff is packed away.

how about this van cranky? remember this? i really gotta finish the "suarez carpentry service" van!

van001.jpg

van003.jpg

i hope those inspire you to finish up your van! i probably have 2 months tied up in this van, a week just in the interior..... i think its some of my best work, and its been sittin here unfinished since the end of 2010!

ok cranky, get back to work! LOL

cheers,

bryan

Oh yeah, buddy, those pictures are real inspiration. I always find that when I paint up too many shiny vehicles, a few end up dropping out of my radar. It always happens. Your van is so freakin' cool. I love it. That interior detail is mind-blowing.