Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Dart (completed)

K1 Brazil

Well, one thing is for sure, if you don't like rulles, factory stock building ain't for you!!!

My personal taste is for a factory original car, but if you want a modified dart, I think the wheels that suit the car better are the Magnums that other Mopar products used. Even some 15" Cragars are cool on a car like that. Don't care much for those too modern brakes and wheels...

Most Mopars had a painted engine bay, yes. In Brazil, Darts had the engine bay painted body color. The underside of the unibody was gray primer with body color overspray, and some black undercoating inside the wheel wells, and under the trunk.

Today, most hot roders in Brazil like to paint all the underside of the unibody body color, even clear coating the whole thing.

Among "Dodgeiros", a flat black engine compartment is not a good thing, as most lazy owners like to paint the engine compartments flat black to hide flaws, like bondo, and poor rust repair.

For your posts, I saw that you like Japanese cars, and your builds are awesome, and very accurate to what those cars shoul look like, but the Dart, isn't a Japanese car, and if your friend likes Dodges, you should consider building a model that represents what he would do with a 1:1 version of the Dodge Dart.

Your paint job on the body is awesome, just awesome. I would just paint the engine compartment orange, to go with the body, and also paint the underside of the unibody orange, to match what people do with those cars around here.

Another detail is the hood and the engine color. Your hood has the "flautas" of the Brazilain Dodge Charger. very few people like the Charger hood on a Dart. Most Dart owners like the original Dart hood better. The only diference is that the Dart hood is flat.

About the engine color, well, Brazilian Dodges had engines painted light blue (Darts) or gold (Chargers). passenger cars by Chrysler of Brazil never had orange or red engines.

Edited by Lovefordgalaxie

Felipe,

I like the way this Dart is going, as custom/Pro-Touring/road cars are more to my liking than Factory Stock. No matter the viewers preference of vehicular style, they SHOULD be able to recognize building skill. You take great pride in your attention to detail and in your overall build skill. THAT is something to be commended. Continue on with this, as it is a model build worth watching and commenting on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Felipe love what you have done with the dart, have a few on the go at the moment myself. Have a soft spot for them as we had them here in australia but they were referred to a a chrysler valiant coupe. They came in standard, regal and also a sports model called a pacer. They came out with the slant 6, a hemi 6 and the 318 V8 which was the top of the range luxury model. The fronts are different and rear tail light lenses were also different and their model designation was VF(1969) and VG(1970) models. Just google vf or vg valiant coupe for those out there that haven't seen our aussie coupes before. Planning on a dodge dart with a slant six, right hand drive conversion to simulate our version. Cheers