Model Cars Magazine Forum

Volkswagen Class 11 bug

Atmobil

This model I built from Revells old 1:25 68 Beetle (this was the 90s 60s beetle issue with flowerpower decals) prettymuch out of the box. Got the wheels from different soruces, don't remember where the tires came from but the rims are from AMTs partspack. Modified the rollcage with parts from two of these kits (I got several of them), the molded in flared wheelarches where sanded down to a stock look. Raised the suspension a littlebit both front and rear. Fitted it with the skidpans front and rear that comes in the kit. Bucketseats are from some other source, meybe they was in the dragversion. Don't remember exactly.

Windownet is from a bugnet that you buy on rolls to be fitted inside of windows in your house to keep the bugs out in the summertime.

Anyway, painted green and with partsbox decals and some wheathering for the effect of a car that comes out of the desert.

P1100727.jpg

P1100718.jpgP1100719.jpgP1100720.jpgP1100721.jpgP1100723.jpg

Thank you very much guys :)

I don't know how familiar you are with the Class 11 but this is one of the classes in the baja races. It is for beetles and they have to be almost stock. Only slightly raised suspension and bigger wheels as modifications are allowed. Must be with bumpers and stock engine.

Here is an example of a 1:1 Class 11

877065989_JEnPN-L.jpg