Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya, Revell anyone?

Enthusiasts worldwide have been screaming for a McLaren F1 ever since it was a new car. I still think there's a great opportunity for someone. Accurate Miniatures? Tamiya? SMS? The Japanese resin is nice, but the price sure isn't. Tamiya would be the most logical source, w/their worldwide distribution and perceived quality (though the diecast chassis mentality is really hurting their reputation).

I would love to support Trumpeter in their efforts to supply the adult model car enthusiast. But their products certainly don't echo a passionate enthusiasm for the subject matter, nor a passionate understanding of the people who would buy and build such kits.

The Bonneville has numerous flaws; body shape is the worst. The CV has a totally incorrect interior. How could the 8-lug wheels be so inferior to what AMT did in the 60's?

The Nova is much better, as long as you get the HT. But the CV's windshield is clearly incorrect (too tall), and the top boot is also far too tall. They really spoil the appearance.

The Monte Carlo is one of the model car world's biggest disappointments of all time; from subject matter to execution (and apparently sales, too). Nice boxart though :wink:

I don't think the folks at Stevens really get "us" at all, or they are woefully understaffed and underfunded to see projects like this through from start to finish. Or something in between.

I'd love to see them right the ship, but as I said before, I'm not holding my breath :roll:

I might be in the minority here, but I'd rather pay $35 (or more...) for a NICE model kit than wasting my time trying to polish a, well... you know what. I think it's a shame when a less than well developed kit rots on the shelves because it's a bad kit, and the translation to the manufacturer is no market. Too bad... really too bad.

Maybe Trumpeter can redeem themselves with a really accurate kit of a Pontiac Aztek next....981.gif

Maisto diecast really only option in 1/24-1/25, and they are few and far between. No, mine aren't for sale.

Guess a multiple LeMans winner and twitchy but amazing street car not "of interest". Let's have riced out Supras and Escalades that are outdated before they hit production.

MC12 Maser probably not popular enough either, nor FXX,Audi R8/R10.

5-6 Lemans wins insignificant to the Preparation H DodgroletFusicamry.