Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Members PLEASE READ THIS!

Well, not ever having posted here, I can see that it looks a lot different than the HHMMB, but I recognize some names. My personal rate of adaptation to change is glacial at best, so I hope the differences don't put me off. It will probably take me forever to figure out how anything is done, so if I do a lot of really stupid things, please forgive my ignorance.

Haven't even figured out about the name thing, but in case Mr. Obvious isn't looking, I'm

Bill Zeihen

Even Mom hasn't called me "Billy" in a loooong time! Let's leave that for Mr. Kingsley. I'm just a bill. :wink:

Yeah, this whole handle thing escapes me to some extent. As a great man once said, "I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam"

I'll have to spend some time looking around, there seems to be almost too much going on to pay full attention to, so you may not hear much from me for a while, but if I see anything I feel I can comment on, I will. Thanks for setting this up, I hope it stays around for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

New here, just checking in to see if i've set up everything ok.

i busted my right arm on 6-6-06, so a slow modeler just got a bunch slower. yup, i'm right-handed.

long time subscriber to MC (and SA & Plastic Fantastic & MCJ & TRJ, u get the idea).

glad i finally checked in. c-ya

ps make that a 95 ram, i'll go fix it...

Hiya,

New here, just checking in to see if i've set up everything ok.

i busted my right arm on 6-6-06, so a slow modeler just got a bunch slower. yup, i'm right-handed.

quote]

Hey Ron, Good to see you on here! I had elbow surgery last tuesday, so I'm out of action for a while. Welcome to the oh so slow builders club!

Guest zebm1

I stayed up late to go into tha Model Cars official Java Chat room, looking forward to meeting tha Founders! Can yuy imagine mah anticipation? And tha let down, even Gregg didn't show up.......

I'll be there next Frietag for shore and most any time in between, but as Gregg said last week and for sure...cyall after 6 pm PST, next Friday, yall game?

zeb

zeb,

Gregg and I don't always join in the chat room every day due to other demands on our time. However, once in a while we do drop in on a chat either Friday or Saturday night between those times. But not EVERY Friday and Saturday!

Sheesh.. I still gotta' life even if the wife left me, the kids have moved away and the cat won't speak to me anymore. Yah know?

:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Jairus, rick here. I hear you are coming to toledo with greg. I'm looking forward to meeting you inperson. I have the vw bus print #1. and had some other I gave as prizes at toledo. that i wish i still had now. I just love you style. a nice drawing of merc and deuce would be great for the toledo N.N.L. as action type prize at the end of the show. Rick

Greetings all.....just signed up today. I'm new to these boards, but not to the hobby. I'm 46 and have been building for at least 35 years. My interests lie mainly in drag racing, with funny cars being my "specialty", although I have been known to build almost anything when I need a change of pace.

Look forward to swapping ideas and thoughts with all of you in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everybody! Just checkin in and make sure I got it all sorted out..New here but, been building models for 39 years and still have plenty to learn about this really fantastic forum!

I recognize many good friends here and some really awesome guys with exceptional model car building skills!

Keep up the great job! ;)

Jeff Scott

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...