Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for interest...........POLL

bigern26

Good Idea?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this contest build to happen

I got this idea brewing, I know I have not been here long but I got an idea and just wanted to pass it by everyone.

If there is enough interest we could start this one up soon.

Here is my idea......

A movie automobile community build/contest

The builds would have to be as close as possible to any vehicle that starred in a movie, It don't matter if its showroom excellent or a piece of junk, as long as it was in a movie. I am thinking to limit this one to either cars, vans, suvs, and pickups.

It would also be cool to add a screenshot of your build so everyone knows what you would be shooting for.

Now for the contest part, If this is ok with the admin and everyone else, At the end date of the build I would start another poll thread showing all the vehicles completed and all the people on here can vote for their favorite. For the winner I will buy a 1 year subscription to Model Cars Magazine( heck I dont even have one yet lol).

So if this is ok with everyone and there is enough intrest I will start this one soon.

Lets hear your thoughts!!

YES! First vote and first reply!

This does sound like a very good idea! I might even already have an idea and the screenshot, too. Now of course, this does lead me to one question, by movie, do you mean any movie or just a big screen theatrical type, because this was from a network tv movie called "Christmas Comes to Willow Creek".

NDVD_000.jpg

Also, any idea of a basic time frame yet?

EDIT: Well, I would have had the first reply if I didn't send 5 minutes looking for that darn picture! :lol:

Edited by highway

Ok a little more details to answer your questions,

Yes any movie or tv show, heck even cartoons. As long as could be watched on a tv.

As for a time frame, if there is enough interest I was thinking about starting it sometime in December and ending say on

May 31 2011.

That sounds like fun. I had no idea this website had a magazine. Ill think about something to model and Ill get back at you but count me in.

Its in the name banner for the site, and there have been multiple posts about the magazine.

I know it's in the name but ive looked around the website and never found anywhere where you could get a magazine subscription.

Justin, try this link. :lol:

http://modelcarsmag.com/subscribe.html

You can also get there by clicking the MCM logo at the top of every forum page, that takes you to the magazines hime page. Then just click on the "Subscribe" tab.

this would be a cool build, there are soooooooooo many movies & tv shows to choose from. Might I suggest a website that has a listing of tons of cars that were featured in movies (incl background cars in addition to the "car stars"):

Internet Movie Car Database

also highway, it's neat that you brought that movie up, when I was younger I loved the Dukes of Hazzard and looked for other movies that John Schneider and/or Tom Wopat had been in. That was one of the first ones that they filmed (after the Dukes went off the air I think, might be wrong though lol). It's a heartwarming little movie, I still remember that the Semi was named "Yellow Bird" !

Edited by MB_ChargerChick

also highway, it's neat that you brought that movie up, when I was younger I loved the Dukes of Hazzard and looked for other movies that John Schneider and/or Tom Wopat had been in. That was one of the first ones that they filmed (after the Dukes went off the air I think, might be wrong though lol). It's a heartwarming little movie, I still remember that the Semi was named "Yellow Bird" !

I think you're right Michelle, I think "Christmas Comes to Willow Creek" was not long after the Dukes went off the air, and the "Yellow Bird" was my most favorite part of the movie, even though Tom and John weren't bad either. :huh: Being a fan of the Dukes and having an older brother driving rigs, it was just one of those natural favorites for me. I still even remember how I spent my Friday nights back in those days, "Dukes of Hazzard" at 8 PM and "Knight Rider" at 9 PM! :P

Of course another trucking movie (and short lived TV series) that I loved growing up was "The Highwayman". The truck was just too cool! It even transformed into a helicopter!

3398064880_5f70513fa3.jpg

And if no one figured it out, that is where I got my handle from! :D;)

NDVD_001.jpg

one a related note, i wathced inception the other day

its a great movie if you are one of those people who like to watch the first 20 minutes, sleep for an hour and the catch the end and not feel like you missed a thing

but i digest

there was a hummer in there which was clearly based on the pugeot from taxi 3

(for those of you who havent seen inception, nor taxi 3, it has small tracks on all 4 corners to navigate through the snow)

that would be a cool subject too