Model Cars Magazine Forum

Am i creative, or am i crazy?

Deckerz

I've never been one for building a stock car straight out the box, this project is no different but it will be the first time i put my own twist on a kit bash.

The project starts with an ordinary Revell Ferrari Enzo, this car is like marmite, you either love it or hate it, personally i like the Enzo but i don't like the front end, mainly because i think the nose of this car has always been too long and those head lights are un appealing.

The plan is to cut the front end off and replace it with the front end of a Revell Dodge Viper SRT-10 with the ACR splitter, obviously this is going to require time and patience but i think i can pull it off, Revell have been kind enough to ship me a Viper body but i still need the head lamps with lenses, the ACR splitter and front air dams.

So why the Viper front end? Well, the nose would be a lot shorter for a start plus i've always loved the aggressive look of the Viper. I have modified the engine bay of the Enzo slightly to fit a bigger engine, work needs to be done on the firewall too but i will need to pick up some supplies first next week.

Enough talk anyway, here is a teaser....am i creative, or am i crazy?

IMG_2575.jpg

Thank you for great feedback guys, thats all the motivation i need :)

So i was looking through my parts box today, i only really put parts that i don't use in there and never look through it but something told me too today and i found something that i think really sets this car off more......thoughts?

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

Dec.

Edited by Deckerz

Dec-

Good to see you again. I haven't read your name around here in quite a while. You must have been keeping a low profile or running in separate circles on here. Anywho....glad to see you again.

I like what you are doing here and I'm dying to see a photo of the front end. I think the wheel flares will be an interesting addition. Keep moving forward.

Later-

Thanks guys it good to know i have support on this project, it gives me the motivation to move forward so thank you all.

I can't wait to start work on the front end to be honest Tom ha ha, i've had some personal problems of late so i took a break from building but visited the forum now and then to see what people are building, but i am now back to the craft for good :) the thought of adding the arches came from the engine oddly enough, i thought if it has the heart of a brute its got to look like one too, hopefully with the arches and the viper nose it will.

I noticed i forgot to post a side view of the build so far, first i fitted the clam shell properly and it just clears that huge supercharger so i will have to think of something when i make the intake that will come from the back of the supercharger, also the sideskirts attached to the arches will be re modeled.

IMG_2588.jpg

Now its just a wait for pay day and the viper body to come through the post and work can really begin :D

• 4 weeks later...

So after waiting patiently this finally turned up on the 21st :D :D :D

001-42_zps01cbe203.jpg

I began work by slowly cutting the front end off.

002-35_zps0838f184.jpg

I am currently preping the front end for further cuts, i also need to start preping the Enzo body for cuts, it is a little difficult to figure out where to cut it but i think im slowly getting there ha ha, but then again, moulding two very different cars together would take time.

Keep you posted.

It's gotta look better than the Enzo nose. It's butt ugly. I can't wait to see the improvement

Yeah i agree, to be honest the Enzo nose has always put me off the car really. Me either, lets hope everything goes to plan :)

by the look of those valve covers you are using the overhead cam hemi from the 70 super bee kit?

Ahhh yes, i never thought this engine even existed at first but after looking at pictures of 426 Hemi's i came across this and just fell in love....

426_Hemi_DOHC_1_zpsfb82b346.jpg

So after that i tried to find out if there is a scale version and i did but i thought this big brute needed a huge supercharger!

We're all crazy so i'm pretty certain you are too. But, Crazy and genius live together. Sain people don't put their neck on the line for an idea.

This project is looking quite nice. Roll with it..Can't wait to see the end result.

Ha ha, thanks friend :)

=======================================

I plan to detail the engine and engine bay as much as i can as well when its time but for now the main task is fusing these two together.

I need to come up with a name for the car though, hmmmm............suggestions?

Ahhh yes, i never thought this engine even existed at first but after looking at pictures of 426 Hemi's i came across this and just fell in love....

So after that i tried to find out if there is a scale version and i did but i thought this big brute needed a huge supercharger!

a supercharger ?

one supercharger?

ONE?

come one bro, this isnt a cossy your building you need some real boost to make real power

on a side note...have i ever shown you this?

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTgtMjAxMDA2MjUtMjEzM.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MDAtMjAxMDA2MjUtMjEzM.jpg

two huge turbo blowing (hot) air into a supercharger

you smell that ?

thats the smell of roasting firestones

smells good doesnt it ?

got a thought for paint yet ?

i cant figure out if this should be a black stealthy build of a bright in your face build (do i remember correctly you got a thing for pink ferraris) ;)

oh, one more thing

wait for it

wait for it

"aspidienzo"

aspide= viper, enzo=enzo and best part is...if you say it fast all you hear is "speed"

Yeah i agree, to be honest the Enzo nose has always put me off the car really. Me either, lets hope everything goes to plan :)

426_Hemi_DOHC_1_zpsfb82b346.jpg

Ha ha, thanks friend :)

=======================================

I plan to detail the engine and engine bay as much as i can as well when its time but for now the main task is fusing these two together.

I need to come up with a name for the car though, hmmmm............suggestions?

Something just hit me about that motor....Can you imagine what kind of unholy monster that engine would be if they put in some of the modern engineering and tech like they did on the Pentastar motor that's in my 200. The Pentastar in Challenger trim is supposed to be good for 305 horse and 268 Ft/LBS out of 220 cubes, a modern version of those heads made to take advantage of the VVT and modern fuel management systems on an engine that big could be psychotically powerful :o

Edited by Joe Handley