Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Chevy Dually, gooseneck trailer,'29 Model A, AND camper trailer project.

1. Totally scratchbuilt monstrosity of some sort. That would be the best. And this project looks very good. I like that trailer, it's something different. '29 Ford pickup looks very good too... And that Chevy truck is my favorite of course, it's a Chevy! B)

I have to agree on a totally scratch-built trailer. I've started one myself but it too has stalled for the moment. Most of my interior is scratch-built with basswood. Check it out and maybe you'll get some ideas. And yes, they are really cramped in there.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48138&hl=&fromsearch=1

I'll be following this one closely and can't wait to see more.

Dear Chuck ,I mean this in the nicest way possible,YOU ARE A FREAK! I love your build and the fact that it keeps going on . Pretty soon you will have an Austrailian road rat train. But then you would have to convert everything to right hand drive. I wouldn't put it past you. :blink:

Bottom half of the trailer shell and chassis is pretty much done. I used diamond plate for the bottom panels. I'm going for a rat rod look with the camper- like somebody chopped, channeled, and sectioned an old Nomad camper, or built something up from spare metal and camper pieces. Now that the basic platform is done I can start on the interior junk! Speaking of an old Nomad camper- I'll be loosely basing the layout on the Nomad I used to have- dining room area up front, kitchen/storage in the middle, two sofa beds, and the bathroom at the tail end. At least that's the plan for now!

WRECKER001-vi.jpg

WRECKER002-vi.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I did (literally) blow the dust off the camper just yesterday, if you believe that. Nothing in the way of building, but digging it out of the purgatory pile did make me want to get cracking on it again. I suppose we'll see here pretty shortly.