Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin 67 Plymouth wagon/ Who makes it? / Updated 2/13

Well guys. I was checking around. Found out that Steve Kohler over at Star Resin has the R&R resin wagon. Yes it is a 1967

Plymouth Belvedere. I'm thinking about getting it from him. Only wants 38 bucks and shipping. I have dealt with him before. Just

going to check on availbility.

Well guys. I was checking around. Found out that Steve Kohler over at Star Resin has the R&R resin wagon. Yes it is a 1967

Plymouth Belvedere. I'm thinking about getting it from him. Only wants 38 bucks and shipping. I have dealt with him before. Just

going to check on availbility.

THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DEAL,

I PAID UNDER $20 INCLUDING SHIPPING FROM THE GUY ON EBAY, BUT THAT WAS JUST THE BODY, NO INT TUB

Wow, dude, chill- not everyone has the abilities nor wants to do all kinds of body mods. Many people would like to buy and use something that is more accurate; more true to the real thing, without a LOT of additional work. Otherwise, we would all be buying plastic pellets and injection molding our own whatevers.

This is typical of the hobby- we want a vehicle that cannot be justified to kit up and when a resin copy comes along, it gets ripped to shreds over the inaccuracy.

I see both arguments here- thankful to have something not available in kit form and yet, why bother when the body proportions are noticeably off?

Having never built a resin master or converting an existing body into something else, I can't say what goes into the process but it must take some work or else we would have resin copies of EVERYTHING!

Some resin kits are accurate and high quality, some are not so much...this falls into the latter category. I do wonder why some resin casters even bother if they can't get the body shape and details accurate. This one isn't at the same level as a TKM resin kit though....

Edited by Rob Hall