Model Cars Magazine Forum

"EL VAN-PYRE"--A 70s Van (Another Cranky-Fried Creation)

All right, my friends, the painting has begun and it's very tedious because although it is easy to paint planets and space scenes (circles and spatters and well anything else you can throw it) to get it to have some depth you gotta use candies and I am also using the PEARL EX powders to give it some bling. Working on the biggest panel (the top) and next I am going to move to the side panels, and then the rest should be free hand templates . . . I'm still holding my breath, as you should too. This stuff can go wrong quick.

001-vi.jpg

The panel frames (tape cut to size) will stay during the entire painting process . . .

002-vi.jpg

All right, I've got some progress and have the build all the way up to the first rounds of candies and one pass of clear . . . this thing has a lot of bling on it, but it's not going to show until I put a few more coats of clear on there . . .

Broke out some of my Steampunk Templates as well the the biomechanical set Mike Levalle put out . . .

016-vi.jpg

You can see the PEARL EX sparkle on this side . . . I wanted to have a mechanical/psychedelic look to it

017-vi.jpg