Model Cars Magazine Forum

looking for wheels for my dually

I just bought a amt snapfast chevy dually and want to build it like my 1.1 truck i have but on my truck i have a set of 22.5 semi truck rims that i had shaved down to a 22 inch wheel. So I'm looking for chrome semi wheels that I can put low pro tires on. Any thing will help like web sites or if any one cast any or has any that would like to sell thank you troy

I've seen a few builders use the wheels from Revell's Peterbilt 359 and fit the rubber band tires found in some of the newer style kits over them. If you have a Michael's store nearby, I've seen the Pete kit at my local Michael's for about $25, and if you print out the 40% off coupon, you could pick it up for a little over $12, plus your areas local sales taxes, of course.

or you could go about buying a set of my resin set for $5 a set of 4. They are from the 359, casted with a low profile tire from the 86 monte carlo streetburner kit ( the only set of tires that will fit a 359) Now be it, it wont be chrome but the closest i can do is cast it in silver & black, or any other color for that matter including clear. As far as i know, im the only guy to cast these rims up like this..and the only guy to ever produce an entire set in clear resin.

heres a few pics to persue your interest. its either $5 a bag or $12-20 for the semi kit and another $15 for the streetburner kit...

100_1292.jpg

100_1291.jpg

i can also do singles that will fit in a rubber streetburner kit tire

100_1282.jpg

100_1317.jpg

100_1318.jpg

100_1315.jpg

the colors your seeing are NOT painted on..these are casted in color.

heres a few more

copper pearl ( this is paint thats in a powder form)

100_1346.jpg

multi colors, silver powder, black dye & red dye in 2 seperate pours of resin

100_1397.jpg

100_2093.jpg

and so you dont think im sh###ing you when i say CLEAR semi rims/tires.

100_2215.jpg

100_2216.jpg

100_2217.jpg

100_2219.jpg

100_2218.jpg

its not like water clear, but i havent seen a set like it. ( they now reside in sunny california--im making another set shortly)

Brian, do you have a website for your wheels, and is this the only wheel you are casting at the moment? Also, for us big rig guys, do you also have the inner wheels for the 359 wheels?

Oh, and just to let you know in the comment about the clear wheels, there is a board rule for NO CUSSING.

"1) No vulgar language. This board was created for modelers of all ages and offensive language is completely unacceptable."

You can find that by clicking the "Board Rules and Guidelines" at the top right corner of the page, right under the search box. You can also find that rule will be enforced by reading this link:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30484

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen a few builders use the wheels from Revell's Peterbilt 359 and fit the rubber band tires found in some of the newer style kits over them. If you have a Michael's store nearby, I've seen the Pete kit at my local Michael's for about $25, and if you print out the 40% off coupon, you could pick it up for a little over $12, plus your areas local sales taxes, of course.

Thank you highway I just went and bought the peterbilt kit and the wheels are perfect thank you so much for the help.

Thank you highway I just went and bought the peterbilt kit and the wheels are perfect thank you so much for the help.

You're welcome, I seen the WIP threaad you started, looking good! Oh, and if you want to part the rest of that Pete out, let me know! :D