Model Cars Magazine Forum

Listen up ye scurvy dawgs! ISSUE 173 is in the house!

Just arrived via postal service servant. :) It's in beautiful and pristine condition, and it looks like it's gonna be a great one! :)

I ain't answering the phone and I ain't going to the door. I'm goin' readin' !!! ^_^

Kodi (Director of Homeland Security) and I are gonna grab a Rocky Mountain KoolAid, pop the top, and sit out on the back patio in front of a roaring Sonoran pinon fire in the chiminea, and we're gonna read! :P

Talk to y'all later!!

B)

Edited by Danno

I got mine yesterday...........cover torn...........again. I for one sure would be willing to pay more to have it arrive in a clear sleeve.

Ray, you gotta complain to your Postmaster. It's probably your letter carrier's ... uh ... issue.

Damaged magazines are the exception rather than the rule, and if yours are arriving damaged on a regular basis, it's probably the way it is being handled by humans ~ the sorting and routing machines seem to be more careful and considerate.

Every unwrapped magazine I get each month (and there are several subscriptions) arrives in pristine condition ... including MCM. I've never had a damaged MCM.

Just sayin' ... B)B)

Kodi (Director of Homeland Security) and I are gonna grab a Rocky Mountain KoolAid, pop the top, and sit out on the back patio in front of a roaring Sonoran pinon fire in the chiminea, and we're gonna read! :P

B)

Danno I hope the Mountains were Blue ;). hope the local hobby shop call me soon about my issue they put aside for me so I can check it out.

Danno I hope the Mountains were Blue ;). hope the local hobby shop call me soon about my issue they put aside for me so I can check it out.

Very, very blue! Thanks for thinking of me ... and that little detail.

UPDATE: Very cool issue!! Even a how-to from da Big Kahuna ... AKA dBK. {Not to be confused with the Burger King.}

B)

Ray, you gotta complain to your Postmaster. It's probably your letter carrier's ... uh ... issue.

Damaged magazines are the exception rather than the rule, and if yours are arriving damaged on a regular basis, it's probably the way it is being handled by humans ~ the sorting and routing machines seem to be more careful and considerate.

Every unwrapped magazine I get each month (and there are several subscriptions) arrives in pristine condition ... including MCM. I've never had a damaged MCM.

Just sayin' ... B)B)

Yeeesh, NEVER a torn issue??? Man I WISH I could say THAT! I've even had Golden Bell replace issues that were too torn up to read properly! Mine'll get here when it gets here. No big deal.

Just sayin' ... B)B)

MCM is the ONLY magazine we get that arrives ripped on a almost every issue basis. Even my wife's myriad of catalogs come undamaged, but MCM, every issue has some damage. You sir are one of the lucky ones. I never have believed and never will that it is on my post office's end of tnings.

MCM is the ONLY magazine we get that arrives ripped on a almost every issue basis. Even my wife's myriad of catalogs come undamaged, but MCM, every issue has some damage. You sir are one of the lucky ones. I never have believed and never will that it is on my post office's end of tnings.

Live in your own world, Lee.

I once had that problem with my subscription to SA(noE). It was the only magazine or catalog - of many - that ever arrived damaged.

Turned out the letter carrier was reading my SA(noE) every month before delivering it. Apparently it's hard to read and preserve the condition of a magazine while you're driving the little Jeep. Even the Lovely & Gracious Mrs. B's magazines arrived every month undamaged. (But who reads those, anyway?)

After the letter carrier was "re-assigned," I never received a damaged SA(noE) again. Throughout it all, I never blamed SA(noE).

B)

The reason why the general magazines and catalogs get there in good condition is that they are sent in huge quantities and the shipper bales them by final zip code. So they are shipped like a brick and only become single issues once at the final post office. With MCM you are probably the only person in your zip code that gets it, so it travels through the mails solo. Thus the opportunity for damage.

I

Live in your own world, Lee.

I once had that problem with my subscription to SA(noE). It was the only magazine or catalog - of many - that ever arrived damaged.

Turned out the letter carrier was reading my SA(noE) every month before delivering it. Apparently it's hard to read and preserve the condition of a magazine while you're driving the little Jeep. Even the Lovely & Gracious Mrs. B's magazines arrived every month undamaged. (But who reads those, anyway?)

After the letter carrier was "re-assigned," I never received a damaged SA(noE) again. Throughout it all, I never blamed SA(noE).

B)

Danno, I am not blaming MCM. I am blaming the post office on their end. How else can you explain nothing else I recieve, letters, magazines, catalogs, nothing, is wrecked??

Edited by midnightprowler

I

Danno, I am not blaming MCM. I am blaming the post office on their end. How else can you explain nothing else I recieve, letters, magazines, catalogs, nothing, is wrecked??

Okay, then. We're basically saying the same thing.

I just hate to see Gregg, Harry, and crew, MCM in general, getting blamed for everything all the time ~~ especially since they produce the superior product.

If I misunderstood your point, I apologize.

B)

Edited by Danno

Got mine in the mail today. Which is WAY unusual for me to get it here in the Great White North at the same time you guys are getting yours. Normally I get it about 3 weeks or so later. Anyway it's looking like a really good issue. Thanks, Gregg, Harry and contributors.