Model Cars Magazine Forum

49 ford street rod finished! 7.17.13

streetmachine11

that's real progress! very nice... tip: the spare tire well is almost scale UNDER the car, but way too narrow inside the trunk... so: cut your intended spare tire down where it slips into the well and sits at a slight angle to the right. put a small square of styrene over the center to represent the jack base as used to hold the wheel firmly in place, with a slight depression in the center (maybe cut the center out of a spare air cleaner to get the wing nut detail...)

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing work.

How did you widen the tub? I have not seen that done on here yet. I am new.

brian, the tub was cut on the floor board on each side then the sides were pulled out untill they were straight with the body. after that was fitted, some wedged shaped peices were made to close the gap. also, there is a post from 62rebel on page one that i followed to correct mine. need any help with it let me know ill do the best i can

jason

that's real progress! very nice... tip: the spare tire well is almost scale UNDER the car, but way too narrow inside the trunk... so: cut your intended spare tire down where it slips into the well and sits at a slight angle to the right. put a small square of styrene over the center to represent the jack base as used to hold the wheel firmly in place, with a slight depression in the center (maybe cut the center out of a spare air cleaner to get the wing nut detail...)

thanks! thats a great idea! i really apreciate all your help with this build.

jason

ok small update on this one.

the molded in driveshaft was removed from the axle, a new one was made from aluminum tube. the rear end was put together and the seam was filled and sanded smooth. chassis painted (still some more detailind to be done) and i decided on a powerplant.

20120910_135631.jpg

20120910_135644.jpg

20120910_135727.jpg

some detail work still neds to be done on the engine but that wont happen untill final assy. ill make some better headders for it and put a 5speed behind it.

comments welcome and thanks for watching!

jason

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i was lookin back through this topic, and man you did an excellent job on the door jambs and the trunk jamb ......really nice work jason! what are you using for flockin to do the carpet, doesnt look like fuzzy fur, or testors stuff......it looks way better.

cheers

bryan

i was lookin back through this topic, and man you did an excellent job on the door jambs and the trunk jamb ......really nice work jason! what are you using for flockin to do the carpet, doesnt look like fuzzy fur, or testors stuff......it looks way better.

cheers

bryan

thanks for the kind words brian! the carpet is white embossing powder sprayed almond to match the interior :-D

jason

yea, embossing powder is great, i just started using it, your carpet is lookin really good man!

cheers

bryan

thanks man i love that stuff. they got some good colors and when you get an odball the white is the best so you can spray it whatever color. on a side note, i love the work you do brian. you have some good lookin builds :-)