Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 Pontiac Bonneville-Update

novadose71

Been working on this one for a month or so. Started with an old built up. I stripped everything down and due to way many glue marks on the seats and windows I ordered a new interior and windows from Modelhaus. I also ordered 8 lug wheels and some tires as well. The model came with new Modelhaus front and rear bumpers so I was good there.

oldbuild030.jpg

Luckily, the body was near perfect, with no damage at all. With BMF, I masked all the emblems and front fender/door mouldings for the paint process so they would be as crisp as possible.

BIG-T072.jpg

The body and trim are all done and I will hopefully finish the interior this weekend. BTW she's getting built curbside so there will be no engine/chassis work to do on this one.

63Bonneville014.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

Edited by novadose71

NICE! Wow, what a paint job! Nice resto, Rob.

That second pic, with the big wheels in the background scared me at first ;) ---I thought at first you had a 1/8 scale Pony-ack there, and then I thought you were gonna put them huge wheels on the li'l Pony :blink:

I'm ok now. :D

• 2 weeks later...

The interior is coming along nicely. I need to flock, foil a couple things and do some paint touch up, but I'm calling the tub pretty much done.

63Bonneville088.jpg

After a nightmare foiling session on the dash, it's finally ready for some detail painting. The pic makes the foil look way rougher than it looks in person....... either that or my eyes are finally going:)

63Bonneville068.jpg

This is getting the 8 lugs in the end, but I like playing with wheels and thought these looked great on here. They're from the big wheeled 66 Galaxie release, almost seem made for the car.........like a Hurst wheel.

63Bonneville032.jpg

63Bonneville030.jpg

With any luck I will be posting finished pics this weekend, thanks for stoppin'.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything else is assembled now too , just need to mount the door(maybe fender) mirror. Speakin' of fender mirrors....is there a kit source for these mirrors??????????

032705009.jpg

.....if not I have a mirror from a 66 GTO I planned to mount on the door.

Anyway.........here's the finished interior and dash, I stole the column and steering wheel from a 62 Catalina kit and made the shifter and boot. I'll post finished build pics after I get that mirror installed :o See Ya, and thanks for lookin'.

63Bonneville139.jpg

63Bonneville132.jpg