Model Cars Magazine Forum

ICM Opel Admiral Cabriolet

Luc Janssens

I just ordered my Opel Admiral kit today. I got it for $50.96. The GFs eyes got real big when I took out my VISA card, so I had to by her something she wanted. :unsure: That went from a $50 day to a $400 day real fast. :o

So, in other words, that just became what might very well be the most expensive model you ever buy?

What cost $350- something small and shiny?

Charlie Larkin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I now have both versions, uptop and ( downtop?)

These are great kits, fine detailing and about 160 parts count makes them great when finished.

The only difference between these two versions are the ragtop parts.

Multipiece body seems to be easily assembled and I think it must be assembled before painting. Have to figure out the exact assembling process though because the instructions tell you to glue inner door panels to body sides before gluing body sides to interior floor and to other body panels.

The engine is gm straight six " stowebolt " as it should be and chassis and suspension parts are pure gm from that era.

Your best bet is to get the up top version --- mine arrived yesterday and it includes the the up-top and the convertible boot ---- so you can go either way with it.

By the way --- this is a stunning kit ---- EVERYTHING and I mean everything has it's own special zip style plastic bag (you can open and close them) ---- the castings are sharp and well done ----I did not see any sink marks but it does have its share of ejection pin marks --- not an isse for most modelers---- it is reminiscent of the quality of the Galaxie 46-47-48 Chevrolet releases -----only thing so far that I can see is that it needs white walls ---- should be no problem there though---- get one --- you will not be disappointed!! --- Revell-AMT etc should get their act together and strive to get to this level of quality ---- seriously!!! I would love to see these guys do some USA 30-40 vintage fat fender cars and maybe some 50's on the same level of quality as this kit.

By the way --- this kit even boasts separate scale correct wiper blades ---- It is just that good----

Regards

Bill (Duntov)

Your best bet is to get the up top version --- mine arrived yesterday and it includes the the up-top and the convertible boot ---- so you can go either way with it.

Bill (Duntov)

Thanks for the info', I was just about to buy the top down version, and after reading your post, have just ordered the top up version, thanks again .....

By the way --- this is a stunning kit ---- EVERYTHING and I mean everything has it's own special zip style plastic bag (you can open and close them) ---- the castings are sharp and well done ----I did not see any sink marks but it does have its share of ejection pin marks --- not an isse for most modelers---- it is reminiscent of the quality of the Galaxie 46-47-48 Chevrolet releases -----only thing so far that I can see is that it needs white walls ---- should be no problem there though---- get one --- you will not be disappointed!! --- Revell-AMT etc should get their act together and strive to get to this level of quality ---- seriously!!! I would love to see these guys do some USA 30-40 vintage fat fender cars and maybe some 50's on the same level of quality as this kit.

By the way --- this kit even boasts separate scale correct wiper blades ---- It is just that good----

Regards

Bill (Duntov)

Going by your comments, I just might have to get me one of these bad boys. B)