Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge 9 Car Transporter

Tom you will not have any problem getting your 6 Cameros on the Revell transporter.

Here's my Revell transporter with 6 Mopars on it.

cc8f12c2.jpg

Thanks for the complement it was close on getting the last car on as it came to adding a extra ramp to make it work.

Thanks JT so far only 2 pieces were reworked.

Thanks Joe and Disabled modeler I have sleeper as well

1cb9db3a6e59ce1c4e9c3a8054ac9e35.jpg

Dan, I've been planning this build for a couple years now and when the reissued this car hauler kit and seeing Jonathan's build on it that was all I needed.

That is really COOL Dan....I love the old school trucks... :)

Here we are with all 6 Mopars loaded up on the trailer. I've also started on the front part of the trailer that will attach to the truck. As far as I can tell from the pictures of these trucks they have a mini 5th wheel for the trailer. I cut down the the 5th wheel from the Frightliner. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I've added enought reinforcing here to carry the load.

1464f1d7774d333aa6b5fde86410374d.jpg

9c3a29194fe9a03f17dbe9f6e7f11adf.jpg

e6f6f5e200f28f3db462ea55a738be5b.jpg

This is looking great, Man....Excellent kitbashing.......I would suggest you use a triangular piece or pieces in the middle of where you've mounted the fifth wheel....Half on the fifth wheel and half on the truck......Kind of like a speed bump.....If you know what I mean.....That way the cars will ride over the reinforcement without scraping the bottom......I'll try to post a drawing.....

Thanks JT I'm now working out the details on the truck hitch. I'm going to add a little steel reinforcing to make sure that there is enought strength with the way that this hitch has just a right angle.

Jeff thanks for the complement and I would like to see the picture of your grandpas rig.

I work for a car hauling company and think your build is very nice looking. Wish I would have seen this sooner I could have gotten you pics of some of our units when they're unmarried from their trailers for your fifth wheel. Looks great though!

Don't forget the small metal flaps that run from the sides of the fifth wheel extention to the tractors mudflaps.

Thanks Clayton

Jeff thanks, I've had this project in my head for a couple years now so I know what I want it to look like and bought a lot of different size tubing and angle evergreen and just play around with what looks good. And have fun!

Chris, thanks I'm planning on adding the mud flaps next. From the different pictures I've been able to find I saw that was very common on all of them plus it makes good sense for keeping the load of car protected. I'm still looking for more details on utility connections to the trailer and any thing else that I may be missing. I sure would appreachate any pictures you can share.

Some morning bench time today. Worked on the rear ramps and added some walk way on the upper truck and lower steps by the fuel tank. I figured out why some of my pictures came out dark last week there's some setting that got turned on that was not to be tuned on.

2442d04d79c5d773b385f8f9edd3e621.jpg

2b08111f54dc4d0db7c1a7f4947c737d.jpg

a89c6a2e0b875c5c484c36c7a1847781.jpg

It looks great, Man.....That fifth wheel setup is gonna work pretty good......You may have to add some angle to the bottom of the chassis to the lower portion of it for further strength, but It ought to hold....Or just cheat and add some legs under the trailer where they can't be seen....No need to worry about weather it will support the weight, then..... :D All your engineering efforts have paid off on this one, Man....Beautiful....

Edited by kilrathy10