Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shepard trucking"clayton"

For those that missed this. this is what I'm working on. based on on our truck.

started with a 378 GW 379 hood and sleeper parts from 359 with miner mod's too fit. Fuel tanks from PVC,flat sheet stock and old tank parts. Intake made from a ink-pen cut on a 45 and flat sheet stock for detail. P&P lights,lost count(Think there's 48).Ooo Motor from P&P.

dadstruckatwwrogersndallas.jpg

lightmockup2.jpg

interer2.jpg

map%20and%20logbook_zps04e47569.jpg

handmadeintaketub_zps23dbb204.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

here you go, got a few misstates here and there. Trying so hard to be dead on and have extra detail,just could not do it. Needs decals and clean up and a few bits here and there they will have too hold out. I buffed so much till the paint is down to the shell in spots. Should have seen the big one,10 years of hard driving it's age was showing. Ours the paint was "Dusty desert rose" none to be had around here, so I made do.

IMG_1400_zpsce1a4f2c.jpg

IMG_1401_zpsa0a80e09.jpg

IMG_1399_zps817ab328.jpg

IMG_1402_zps28ea2078.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good, enough to me....I can't say I'm ever that detail oriented.....There's guys that put a lot of effort and thought into their work, and that's commendable, but You don't have to be "spot on" to make an attractive model....This looks great....I could use one of those hoods....I've got a 378 that's just itching to be built....Looks very close to the real one....You'd have to look very close to see any discrepancies...