Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Hollywood Garage

Hollywood Jim

Jim, if this were mine, I'd just arrange different things all the time, play with it just to change the photographs and the scene a bit. What's the use of building a diorama like this if you are not going to have fun changing the elements.

So my vote is ALL OF THE ABOVE and MORE!

Jim, if this were mine, I'd just arrange different things all the time, play with it just to change the photographs and the scene a bit. What's the use of building a diorama like this if you are not going to have fun changing the elements.

So my vote is ALL OF THE ABOVE and MORE!

I vote for Cranky! Don't glue down anything and switch it around as the whim hits ya!

The lights look great and add another area of dimension to this already incredible scene. I just now noticed the thing between the fridge and the right side of the desk on the floor but can't quite make it out. To me, it looks like a pedal car on its side.

Edited by gasser59

The lights look great and add another area of dimension to this already incredible scene. I just now noticed the thing between the fridge and the right side of the desk on the floor but can't quite make it out. To me, it looks like a pedal car on its side.

Thank you.

Yes, it is a pedal car.

The diorama is finished !

With the help of some of your comments I decided that I can always simply put a model car in this diorama to achieve my original goal.

So before I show you what I decided to do for the final layout I will take some photos of some of my cars in this diorama, just to see what color car looks the best.

Tell me what you think.

qe-vi.jpg

qf-vi.jpg

qg-vi.jpg

qh-vi.jpg

qi-vi.jpg

qj-vi.jpg

It is amazing how this yellow car looks in the diorama !!!

qk-vi.jpg

ql-vi.jpg

OK fellow diorama lovers, here is my final layout for this diorama.

I just realized I have no name for this diorama.

The main theme of this diorama is the little boy and his apple cart car. I added a light hidden under the shelf that spot lights the boy and the cart.
I painted the father in colors that will not highlight the father. And I tried to get the viewer's eye to go to the little boy and then to the hot rod.
( I want to try and add a dog sitting next to the little boy. The dog is coming in the mail. )

All critiques and comments welcome.

s-vi.jpg

sa-vi.jpg

sb-vi.jpg

sc-vi.jpg