Model Cars Magazine Forum

87 Buick Regal

Spike

this is gonna be a replica of my cuzins regal that im doin. this will be what his car will look like if he goes threw with his plans when he gets $$ (just bought a house). but hopefully this will help inspire him to work on it now that he has more time and room to work on the real one.

2454627_2_full.jpg

Picture019.jpg

2454627_8_full.jpg

shifter.jpg

2454627_7_full.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture010.jpg

the valve covers,only thing that sucks is they dont say buick in em but they are close enough

2454627_9_full.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

the dash board. still gotta figure out what im gonna do for gauges,get the tach on, and paint the center part where the heater controls/radio is

Picture003-1.jpg

also shaved the grand nation spoiler off and drilled out the key hole for the trunkwhistling.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture007.jpg

bumpers are painted grey hammer finish with the black rubber. still gotta do the turn signals on the front bumper

Picture005-2.jpg

the valve covers,only thing that sucks is they dont say buick in em but they are close enough

2454627_9_full.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

the dash board. still gotta figure out what im gonna do for gauges,get the tach on, and paint the center part where the heater controls/radio is

Picture003-1.jpg

also shaved the grand nation spoiler off and drilled out the key hole for the trunkwhistling.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture007.jpg

bumpers are painted grey hammer finish with the black rubber. still gotta do the turn signals on the front bumper

Picture005-2.jpg

I have some resin V6 units that you may be able to use to modifiy the set you have there so they can say Buick....

Let me know if your interested and I will send a pair off to you....

If you can't locate a Goodwrench decal, take head on level picture of the front of the car, then take the picture to a Photocopy Shop.. Adjust the size of a color copy machine, till you get the size that works for what you need(Take your front end/plate backing with you to match it up)... Once you have the right size, cut out the plate(and the Jegs decals if you did it right), use spray tack(Found in the Art Section of Micheals/Any well stocked Craft Store) to mount it to the plate backing, and then finish with a shot of Clear Coat over the top....

***Edit***Okay Nevermind the pics, I found these to make it easier on you

Decal.gif

Plate.jpg

Just print these two pics out, then take to the Color Copier, and Follow the above tip from there.... Size should be 1/24th Scale, for all three decals, so ask one of te copy techs about adjusting the machine for the proper sizes(Print both pics seperately, as the size differences will cause you problems getting them to scale on one page)...

Edited by Dragon7665

Dragon7665-thanks for the tip but i dont think theres a photocopy place around here, and i dont have a printer ;)

randx0-thanks, and it does make it easier haveing the real car to go by,its just a few miles from my house and i can stop any day after work to look at somethin im not sure bout :unsure:

got some updates. not much but its some.

got the front and rear suspension painted up. rear axle is grey hammer finish and the sway bars and rear springs are yellow.

Picture016.jpg

Picture015.jpg

this is the rear sway bar/trailing arms,fire extinguser,and race rear view mirror

Picture020.jpg

motor mock up. motor is red and the intake is painted aluminium and the tranny is painted with grey hammerfinish. still gotta paint the oil pan (might modify it they way he is doin the real one) and i gotta add belts/pulleys w/ assorted items,add plug wires with distributor,add fuel line,and custom build a air cleaner box

Picture017.jpg

found a pair or racing seats,still gotta paint the belts

seats.jpg

original trunk floor

Picture001-2.jpg

and a mock up of what its gonna look like. he aint got a fuel sell yet but he's plannin on gettin one with tax returns

Picture002-2.jpg

and a quick mock up pic i took for him. body is still not painted yet. its painted silver now,but will be primer grey to match his paint better. his is rustoleum smoke grey

Picture014.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

dont think i didnt stop workin on this machine :mellow:

cut the original molded in battery out and made a couple pieces to fill in the openings

Picture008.jpg

cut out all the stuff on the left front wheel well thats missing on the 1:1 car and made filler pieces. i also had to cut out the battery and the ###### that was here so i can run the ram air hoses to the inner headlight buckets

Picture009-1.jpg

and a quick mock up of one of the exhaust pipes that i made

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

drilled the end of the header so the exhaust will stay together easier

Picture012.jpg

also drilled out the mufflers for the same reason

Picture016-1.jpg

i got some other stuff done but gotta get pics of em

got the heater hoses on,the belts painted,and the pulleys and PS pump painted hammer finish

Picture007-2.jpg

got the headlight stone gaurds made,painted,and installed (he's only got em over both inner headlight buckets)

Picture008-1.jpg

got the tach painted and installed. i know theres no numbers but i aint got the skills to paint em on,and my printer dont work so i cant print any off :rolleyes:

Picture013-1.jpg

got the trunk floor done

inside,painted hammer finish

Picture009-2.jpg

underside,painted flat black

Picture010-3.jpg

tranny crossmember painted yellow

Picture012-1.jpg

and got the trunk cut off

Picture011-1.jpg