Model Cars Magazine Forum

99 Silverado Street Truck

Clay

Well I figured the best way to get out of my slump was to start a new project. I know I said I was gonna finish all my other ones but I just couldnt do it. :lol:

Anyway here it is.

99CustomStreetTruck001.jpg

I went ahead and super glued the rear axle to the frame as it will all be the same color.

99CustomStreetTruck002.jpg

I glued the ground effects kit on as well.

99CustomStreetTruck003.jpg

99CustomStreetTruck004.jpg

99CustomStreetTruck.jpg

the exhaust had the spare molded with it, I didnt like it so I cut it out, I accidently broke on of the tips off though I was able to glue it back on.

99CustomStreetTruck005.jpg

99CustomStreetTruck006.jpg

I will have more pictures later on of this build, hopefully it gets me out of my slump.

Edited by jones_clayton

Well I figured the best way to get out of my slump was to start a new project. I know I said I was gonna finish all my other ones but I just couldnt do it. :lol:

Welcome to the club!! :lol:

Don't feel bad, we all do the same thing. When you're in the mood you'll get back to the other projects,

That is a nice looking kit after all.

Glad to see you getting some Modeling time.

can't wait to see more of it.

Tried the liquid glue yet?

Well no model time today. I got to go to work. ;)

Yeah that glue is pretty stiff, wife wont let me use it inside, which i shouldnt anyway.

Well, I figured since I was gonna be painting the front grille to match the body and the rims a different color, I decided to strip the chrome off of them.

Here is the before shots:

99CustomStreetTruck007.jpg

99CustomStreetTruck008.jpg

And here is the after shots:

99CustomStreetTruck009.jpg

99CustomStreetTruck010.jpg

These pieces sat in SC for about 24 hours, and I had no scrubing to do, just a simple wash and dry.

:P Clay, is that the same truck that comes with the waverider ski-doo? Or is it a completely different truck?Looks like it''ll be pretty cool.I'll be watchin this build. ;)

Nope, here is the box.

99CustomStreetTruck001.jpg

Here is another one from earlier this year and last year.

DSCF1962.jpg

;) Oh yeah,welcome back,good to see you at it again :)

Glad to be building again, I know it was only a week or two but it feels like it was an eternity :P

Edited by jones_clayton

I decided what to paint the rims.

Tamyia Gun Metal. Raul you were right about Tamyia, it goes on smooth and smells great.... I mean looks great.

99CustomStreetTruck012.jpg

99CustomStreetTruck013.jpg

99CustomStreetTruck014.jpg

99CustomStreetTruck011.jpg

Hope to have the body color figured out soon, might need a trip to Michaels to see if their model section has been updated yet.

I decided what to paint the rims.

Tamyia Gun Metal. Raul you were right about Tamyia, it goes on smooth and smells great.... I mean looks great.

I'm glad that you liked it! Yes, it does smell pretty good, or at least better than Testors enamel...

I've heard that they're currently reformulating the stuff to brush on even better...

i have the same truck but i turned it into a pro street.... chopped the frame and chaneld it, original motor with older stylr intake and carb, took the 4 tires glued them together and ended up with two tyres and put a scratch built rollcage in it yesterday, rollcage alone took me almost 8 hours and still dosent look right, but overall it just needs a few details in the motor and it'll be good to go.... i just need a new windshield, doing custom exhaust today...

post-2641-1208860325_thumb.jpg

post-2641-1208860359_thumb.jpg

;) Clay, is that the same truck that comes with the waverider ski-doo? Or is it a completely different truck?Looks like it''ll be pretty cool.I'll be watchin this build. :huh:

To me, it looks like the same kit without the custom front grill.