Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I've never seen these. Was this a clone of a Polaroid?

It appears to be- "color pictures in 60 seconds" is a giveaway.

Kodak also had an instant camera called the Instamatic, which copied Polaroid so closely, they ended up losing a very costly lawsuit to them around 1982 or '83.

Dad has an Insta-Matic in the closet, but you can't get film for it any longer as it took some weird-spec film that wasn't compatible with anything else.

I'd suspect that Keystone is designed for the Polaroid peel-back product, based on how it looks, and FujiFilm makes a direct replacement for it now that Polaroid is gone. That would also be why Keystone wasn't named in the suit- they designed a camera that was different, but compatible with the commonly-available Polaroid film, thus making no direct infringements on their patents.

Charlie Larkin

Does it take Polaroid-type film of some kind? If so, Fuji is now producing at least a couple of different types of Polaroid-compatible film.

Thanks Charlie, but this one is mint in the box and never used, so I think I'll just keep it new and put it on my old camera shelf. Besides, I haven't been able to find the USB port on this thing yet!

My father was a big photographer his whole life and put himself through college doing weddings. That's how he met my mother, she was a guest at several weddings he photographed. He died in 1999 a few months before I got my first digital Sony Mavica. I often wonder what he would have thought of the digital explosion.

Funny thing, I was waiting to get my flu shot last night at the local pharmacy and saw they were selling a digital camera for $19.95. Same one is probably $15 at Walmart. It was a 1.5 megapixel (better than the original $600 Mavica) and held 150 photos internally. Amazing!

Good lord, what were you shipping?,, a 1/16 scale semi??

Any time anyone has ever sent me a model from the US it's been less than 20 bucks by USPS.

Nope an AMT '96 Chevy Tahoe .. I was shocked. I asked a couple of time, what the cheapest possible method of shipping it was. Maybe I got an inexperienced clerk ? It seems like highway robbery to me .

Thanks but with shipping two sets of wheels are almost 50 bucks Canadian, are they worth it?

definatly nice wheels. thats why I bought 3 sets.... Just under 100.00 Canadian Shipped.

I'd like to know how long, from order to arrival it took ..

about 2.5 weeks actually, not too bad at all.

Shipping from th States to me In Saskatchewan is normally around 7-10.00 on average. I dont get tracking, as it doesnt work passed the border anyways. Priority is a waste of money, usually takes 2 weeks reguardless of how muhc you pay to ship it. Only shipping problems ive had in almost 10 years of buying online have been from guy who Cannot provice a recipt, or date that they shipped.

Picked up this little beauty today at a local event.

'63 Caddy Coupe DeVille by Johan, an all-original survivor (except for the wheels).

Like Tom Geiger mentioned recently, this might be a candidate for my own little museum of model car "artifacts" from the 60s.

I we'll remember the days when I used all the "custom" parts and every other doo-dad in the kit and stuck them on the model...post-10758-0-09560600-1382240849_thumb.jpost-10758-0-67911700-1382240874_thumb.j

Like Tom Geiger mentioned recently, this might be a candidate for my own little museum of model car "artifacts" from the 60s.

I we'll remember the days when I used all the "custom" parts and every other doo-dad in the kit and stuck them on the model

Oh geez, ToyLvr, that Caddy is not very attractive with those custom parts, but a good reference to what someone in the industry thought custom cars should be.

cool oldie! I'd clean it up and keep it 'as is'. It's just one old time capsule from our youth. And that's the fun of it. Yes, some of these are ugly to our learned eyes today, but that was the style and fad back then. So ugly is part of the charm.

My interest in the old customs goes back to seeing Dave Shulkas's original Bobtail Cat Valiant that was on the cover of Car Model number one in 1962. It was a mess, covered with gunk and blown apart. My friend Al Raab took on the task of restoring it and since I collect all things Valiant, I was called upon to donate some parts, which was an honor. Upon examining it there were a few things I noticed. First how crude the build actually was. This was a very well known model in it's day, so it stands today as a benchmark of how far our craft has come since then. Second, I had collected a bunch of old Valiants and was always perplexed as to why several had the rear of the body lopped off. Upon seeing the Bobtail, I knew why. Those builders were following this build from the article in the magazine, and the reprints of the article AutoWorld would send out with the kit! I found it interesting how much influence this had back in those days. So I decided that those bobtails also deserved to be restored. And off we went into the Olde Kustom Kollection!

Just got home from the train show. managed to sell a good deal of stuff. Also scored these. The 2nd place was for Deadmans Curve dio, and the 3rd for the Monster racing Slot Track building. Funny thing was I didn't enter the slot track but put it out for display only.
Award_zpsec619878.jpg

Also bought a load of new stuff, but have to get pics of it all later. Right now I have to tend to sore feet.

Checked an estate sale listing last night and saw these:

post-12159-0-30494300-1382297066_thumb.j

... and went by this morning; grabbed 'em both.

'66 Wen-Mac Mustang: didn't have one when I was a kid and never found a cheap one until now ($12.00). Missing the steering wheel, shifter, air cleaner and one exhaust and has a small chip out of the trunk lid, otherwise decent.

'62 T-bird promo: Four bucks, but the body was shot (A-pillars half gone, chunks out of both fins and a big piece of the LF fender gone) so I salvaged the wheels, tires, axles and glass to fix a '61 T-bird promo.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...