Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post pics of your fave long roof(wagon)

philo426

Here's my phantom Magnum from Baker County, FL.

I figure if they're gonna name a county after me, it's only right that I build them an Inca Gold squad car!

DSCF2379-vi.jpg

DSCF2380Copy-vi.jpg

DSCF2381-vi.jpg

DSCF2358-vi.jpg

DSCF2375-vi.jpg

Slapped this one together during a 24-hour build session with clubmembers, so I didn't even try to fill in the sun/moon roof. I'd do that differently on a more relaxed build.

Thank goodness for fast-drying lacquers!

B)

It's not necessarily my favorite, but it is my only completed wagon thus far...my "Boyz n' the Wood" phantom/slammer '64 Impala:

DSCN3067-vi.jpg

After a lacquer crazing incident that messed up the roof and trunk areas, I cut away most of the kit body and went to town.

Even though I'm not too big into wagons, a couple of them have caught my eye! :P

This one is one of my many "I'll get around to finishing it someday" WIPs, my sleeper/beater AMT 65 Chevelle wagon. I'm planning on using the racing engine options that fit under the hood along with weathering and rusting the body and using the stock hubcaps. Note the front plain steel wheel, just like a hubcap flew off! ;)

HPIM2682.jpg

I'm also into Nomads, I have all the Tri Fives, but the only one I have worked on is my 55 AMT Nomad. This one falls into the "Finished but still in progess" file, because I built it before I had a complete plan for it. After I primed it, I liked the look of it, and plan to remove all the trim and drill out mounting holes to give it the "in progress" restoration look. Oh, and pardon the dust, it's an older build and I didn't dust it before the pic! ;)

HPIM2184.jpg

That Chevelle is cool Matt, just needs a few dents and dings and you got yourself a car.

Nick

In time, Nick, in time! :P Not only will it have dents, but rust and a BAD paintjob, too! It will be all go and no show! ;)