Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ratmad

Pat Minarick

On 3/3/2018 at 11:55 AM, Pat Minarick said:

Put pictures back up since they don't show up anymore! This is one of my favorite builds.

This is one of my favorites too , maybe my all time favorite , great seeing it again !! :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 9:13 PM, Rotorbolt73 said:

Sweet! I built the 57 posted in here. Guy in my model club just built one from the recent new 57 Ford wagon kit.

Thank you .  I saw yours , very cool. I made mine from the 56 just to be different,  but also did the master for the resin body that Jimmy Flintstone sells.

9 hours ago, Pat Minarick said:

Thank you .  I saw yours , very cool. I made mine from the 56 just to be different,  but also did the master for the resin body that Jimmy Flintstone sells.

Really? wow. I looked at a few of the castings a vendor was selling at a show. I was able to back engineer how you made it and made my own from a monogram 57 nomad body. 

9 hours ago, Pat Minarick said:

Thanks, the radiator and fans are mounted in the rear . That is what the holes are for in the rear door.

I changed the rear mounted radiator concept in mine and used the cutdown radiator from a old revell beatnik bandit kit.

On 3/18/2018 at 4:19 PM, Rotorbolt73 said:

Really? wow. I looked at a few of the castings a vendor was selling at a show. I was able to back engineer how you made it and made my own from a monogram 57 nomad body. 

That's the same kit I used , not the best kit. But doesn't really matter when you cut it up. I've got the original body and a few of the very first castings. I also made a car-toon version.20170901_205926.thumb.jpg.31a6245cad8df743a61a3ab22cb4442e.jpg20170901_205956.thumb.jpg.9535c64213dae55380199f95a3536da3.jpg