Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hudson Rust Bucket

Bigdad

I just got my Hudson yesterday I'm going to do a rusted out version with the bumpers and everything inside of the car. I think I will just have the engine block with the hood setting on the roof or something. The car will be setting on three wheels and a concrete block (if I can find some in 1/25 scale) next to an old shed. Here is a picture of the look I'm going for, I will post pictures as I go along.

53HudsonHornet.jpg

I have a question whats a good way to make flat tires?

Let the air out! Ha Ha Ha

Okay, some have warmed up the tires and squished them down, others have sanded or filed them down. I don't have a proven method yet but I am sure someone here has. Dr. Cranky, what is your suggestion, oh wise one of the rust?

• 5 months later...

Hi guys I'm finally back, I moved the first of January and just got things situated so that I can start modeling again. I had no place to work that was heated back during the winter but the weather is better here in Indiana now so I can get started on my rusty Hornet again. I will be keeping you all posted on how this build goes.

Let the air out! Ha Ha Ha

Okay, some have warmed up the tires and squished them down, others have sanded or filed them down. I don't have a proven method yet but I am sure someone here has. Dr. Cranky, what is your suggestion, oh wise one of the rust?

I simulated a flat tire (a long time ago) by placing a piece of tin foil in a frying pan, and press straight down. Try it on a scrap tire first. Can't remember if I used a non-stick spray on the foil.