Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Troubleshooting - Picture Problems w/Internet Explorer? Look Here

Sixx

Casey,

Ok, I got it part way, but I tried to link more pics. I tried to link all six from the album on Photobucket, it said it linked all 6 but I only see one on the post. Its under the pickups and vans under glass section. 65 chevy weathered pickup. Is there an easy way to share more than one pic, without going back and forth between Photobucket and this forum ?

I tried to link all six from the album on Photobucket, it said it linked all 6 but I only see one on the post. Its under the pickups and vans under glass section. 65 chevy weathered pickup. Is there an easy way to share more than one pic, without going back and forth between Photobucket and this forum ?

Looks like you got it to work, Joe, correct? I see six pics in the '65 Chevy topic you mentioned, and three in the S-15 post of yours, too.

I don't know of a way to copy multiple image links from a PB account, then paste them all in the body of a message in one step. I have always copied and pasted each link, one per image.

On the right side of your PB album you'll see "Links to share this album", then several different image link options. You can change which types of links are displayed, and I would suggest you change some of them. I don't think you will ever use the "Flash embed" nor "HTML embed" links, but you might want to keep the slideshow link. I suggest you add the "IMG code", which is what you will use (and it will be much easier to) copy and paste images from your PB album to here.

To change your image link settings in your PB account, click on your user name at the top right corner ("kingiguana", I think yours is?), then select "User Settings", then look on the left side and you should see something like this:

Links
Show these share options for all of my albums.
Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML code
HTML thumb
IMG code
IMG thumb
Easy Linking Mode
Turn on easy linking mode

You may never use any other types of links besides the IMG code link, but it's up to you which you want to use. I rarely use anything but the IMG code link, so even if you only select that link, I think you'll be OK for now. You can always add other links at any time. The "Easy Linking Mode" allows you to copy the link with one click of the mouse, so I'd recommend you select that, too.

Let me know if that works for you. ^_^

I'm on Mac 10.4. Why can't I have access to any of the tools or smilies in the post boxes? Everything's grayed back and not usable. If this is not the right topic for this question, please tell me where it should go.

Edited by sjordan2

I'm on Mac 10.4. Why can't I have access to any of the tools or smilies in the post boxes? Everything's grayed back and not usable. If this is not the right topic for this question, please tell me where it should go.

Didn't you mention a while ago you need to upgrade your Mac's OS? I'm on an older MacBook Pro running an outdated OS (though not sure which OS), and can no longer update Flash Player, but have no issues here on the forum.

Which web browser are you using? I think every person save for one who has had posting problems here and posted in this topic about it was using Internet Explorer.

Didn't you mention a while ago you need to upgrade your Mac's OS? I'm on an older MacBook Pro running an outdated OS (though not sure which OS), and can no longer update Flash Player, but have no issues here on the forum.

Which web browser are you using? I think every person save for one who has had posting problems here and posted in this topic about it was using Internet Explorer.

I used to love Firefox, but they updated themselves to a version that doesn't work with my system anymore and they have discontinued support of older versions (can't even download them). So I use Safari, which works just fine everywhere else.

To update my OS requires doubling my memory and updating my OS, which is a $200 job that I can't afford.

I never had any luck posting a picture only a link

if I click on the image above and copy the copied link of my image

that was weird half of post disappeared i use fotki and a chromebbok never had any luck posting anything other than a link.

http://public.fotki.com/VincePutt/scale-modeling-1/models-by-my-friends/models-by-don-fahrni/6_clyinder_dragster_9.html

that was weird half of post disappeared i use fotki and a chromebbok never had any luck posting anything other than a link.

Under the "Share" tab in your fotki sub-albums, there will be a "Code for forums" link, which you can copy (Control C) then paste (Control V) in the reply box here or on any other forum. I've used it to post images from other people's fotki albums as necessary, and it's always worked.

Do not use the "image" icon in the header bar of the reply box unless you're going to paste the direct link to the image you want to post. I only use the "image" icon if I snag an image link off the web, and image which is already being hosted elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to be able to go on photobucket, click on img code and it said copied briefly. I then come here and hit the paste icon and whala the picture was pasted on here. I now try it and when I hit paste absolutely nothing happens. Is anybody else experiencing this and can help me? I can attach files from my computer but I prefer photobucket,

Edited by Dragfreak

I hate to say that doesn't work either Carl :( I just do not understand this, I seem to be one of the only ones who is having these issues, I just want to post some pictures from photobucket.. but I guess I cant post any builds now.

Edited by Dragfreak

• Gregg unpinned this topic