Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Bentley Blower Finished

pettiner

To be an equal opportunity poster I will post this here. It was built from the Heller 1/24 kit. The green parts were not painted just cleared with future floor wax. the interior was cleared with a matte finish. This was an experiment to see how it would come out and it looks pretty good. I like doing something out of the ordinary once in a while to breakup the usual routine. I know the body should be probably a matte finish but I will claim the canvas was replaces with metal. LOL

2008models004-vi.jpg

2008models005-vi.jpg

I actually broke both side rails during construction. I think the plastic was more fragile than todays kits, so I would be careful when handling the pieces. Also the color table is in french so you may have to look up the french words for the colors.

http://www.guildclassiccars.com/1929_Bentley.html

Here is a link to the Bentley they had and sold at the Bradford Guild. Browse this site for some spectactular auto restorations, these guys are 45 minutes north of Toronto and are truly world class auto restorers.

I go in a couple times a year, the showroom is always changing with a steady flow of different vehicles.

Very nice indeed, a proper Brooklands or Le Mans contender. The saloon versions of these are now very rare, as they tend to get converted into replicas of open racers like this.

Thumbs up for tackling an obscure kit mate!