Model Cars Magazine Forum

Suggestions on widening truck fenders

I posted awhile ago asking if there is anyone outthere who makes a resin '53 - '56 Ford Big Job resin cab and fenders but apparently no one does. So, it was suggested that the fenders from ma F100 kit could be widened to look like this -

1956-Ford-Big-Job-F-800-Exterior-02.jpg

I am no master model builder like many of you guys here - in fact, my skills are pretty pathetic when compared to a lot of the guys who post on this forum. I don't mind sacrificing a couple of cabs to accomplish what I want to do here but I would sure appreciate a bit of guidance in converting a normal fender to look like it belongs on a big truck. I have three projects on the go now but my future endeavours will include some attempting to build replicas of some 1:1 big trucks from my youth. While there are a lot of truck resin castings available, it seems that what ever I want to build is not available. I would suggest that the truck resin casters are really missing the boat with the '53 - '56 Ford big trucks - both conventional and COE models. Also, does anyone know of any web sites that would have scaled drawings of trucks with measurements that could be used as a reference? Any help here will sure be appreciated. Thanks. :D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think someone mentioned this in your other post, but Dencon Resin (Matt posts here!) has a 1950 Big Job Ford cab and wide fenders. I know the 50 is not the same as the 53-56 you want to build, but since the fenders are sold separately, you might be able to use them and the 53-56 kits fenders to make the fenders you want. Here is a link to Matt's Classic Truck parts page:

http://www.denconresin.com/classictruck.html