Model Cars Magazine Forum

Do you think this would sell well in resin?

Thanks Michael! The grille is two pieces. The upper 80% is fastened to the cab itself and tilts forward with the cab. The lower 20% of the grille is fastened to brackets on the frame and remains in place when the cab is tilted. There were pieces of rubber "flap" painted silver to close the gaps on the outside of the grille surround. Here's a link to my Fotki album that has a LOT of detail pictures from all over one of these trucks.

http://public.fotki.com/lotso/ford-w9000-pics/

Edited by Ben

Thanks Michael! The grille is two pieces. The upper 80% is fastened to the cab itself and tilts forward with the cab. The lower 20% of the grille is fastened to brackets on the frame and remains in place when the cab is tilted. There were pieces of rubber "flap" painted silver to close the gaps on the outside of the grille surround. Here's a link to my Fotki album that has a LOT of detail pictures from all over one of these trucks.

http://public.fotki.com/lotso/ford-w9000-pics/

ben when will you have the wt9000 available for sale.want one of these kits to build blue mule.tried aussie they are not responding to my email.the one sourkraut offers does not include the bumper you just got have that bumper.could you please let us know when available and how to get one or three.i think they will sell well for you.

ben when will you have the wt9000 available for sale.want one of these kits to build blue mule.tried aussie they are not responding to my email.the one sourkraut offers does not include the bumper you just got have that bumper.could you please let us know when available and how to get one or three.i think they will sell well for you.

I'm working on various parts of the kit right now using outside sources and I have no control on how long they take to get things made for me so at this point I'm unsure as to when it will be ready. Some of the things I really want to go with my cab are a photo etch or stamped aluminum grille and a full detailed interior including the rear sleeper wall that has the names of famous mountain passes embossed in the vinyl. I had a friend make the wall but he made it way too big so I need to get that made in the correct scale. I still need to redo the sleeper doors but other than that, the cab shell itself is pretty much done. I'll be telling all the groups about it just as soon as it's available.

Hummmmmmmmmm, they wern't exactly the most popular in their day. I drove an Astro 95. Still, who knows , you might get 50- 60 sales ..............

I've noticed that's how it is in the modeling world, vehicles that were not popular end up being very popular as a plastic model kit. Look at the Ford Pinto and AMC Gremlin.

Those are wind deflectors on the corner. They helped prevent mud/snow/splash debris up on the wide windows and were supposed to keep the wind from buffetting the mirrors. The Ford COE's weren't the most aerodynamic.. :rolleyes: In the 70's, the corner deflectors were very common on Canadian COE's of all makes.

Tim

There were a lot of Freightliner COEs with these deflectors. Kenworths K100 too.

i wil know fore shor that cab wil fast sold out i think

i have build one from ausskids [it can see also on this forum,from the truck i build]

but if there is a coe resin cab from ford ore a other old one ,ishore buy one

i know there is a crackerbox[gmc] but i can not find one now thats the one i wil have also on the do list

now i am stil workin on the white 7000[if i have time]

and ben i have the double bunk pete from p&p but first makin the others a lloooonnnnggg list

jacobus

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Tom, are you still considering making this cab?

Yes, but I've got quite a backlog. Right now I'm working on a 1974 Econoline. I think a 1/25 scale model is needed, and It would go well with the Moebius Ford pickup. I have the cab for the W all drawn up, I just have to make it. Maybe I should team up with Ben Wicker(?)

Yes, but I've got quite a backlog. Right now I'm working on a 1974 Econoline. I think a 1/25 scale model is needed, and It would go well with the Moebius Ford pickup. I have the cab for the W all drawn up, I just have to make it. Maybe I should team up with Ben Wicker(?)

LOL, team up with me and it will never get finished!!! LOL That Econoline would be fantastic to have as well!!!!!!!!!!

I think it would sell well, look at how AMT is doing, they're putting out almost all the models they used to have now. Just make it so it fits an AMT frame please! Trans-kit bult models get pretty darn expensive when based on the other manufacturers's truck kits. By the way, is the later cab really different from the older one except for the front grill? If not, could the cab be made so we can use either one? I'd go for the later version myself.

I think it would sell well, look at how AMT is doing, they're putting out almost all the models they used to have now. Just make it so it fits an AMT frame please! Trans-kit bult models get pretty darn expensive when based on the other manufacturers's truck kits. By the way, is the later cab really different from the older one except for the front grill? If not, could the cab be made so we can use either one? I'd go for the later version myself.

Ben has the later one covered. Since i crawled around in a junkyard, measuring and taking pictures of my older version to create the CAD drawing, I feel obliged to use my own material.

It is going to be 1/25, with an AMT donor in mind. I'm sure Ben's version will be much more popular, but it will still be neat to have the older version available.

Ben has the later one covered. Since i crawled around in a junkyard, measuring and taking pictures of my older version to create the CAD drawing, I feel obliged to use my own material.

It is going to be 1/25, with an AMT donor in mind. I'm sure Ben's version will be much more popular, but it will still be neat to have the older version available.

Tom, you're the one who created that '73 Chevelle, right? If you're making this Ford, this truck should be excellent!!! One to watch!

Edited by BigBad

i think for sure , yes its sel

i lot of guys whil have a model that is not for sale in the boxes like amt , revell and italeri etc

if you see what aitm and p&p sel and others than its yes

now i am waiting for kfs for the rerun of the international 9670 in september and already sold out

i have one reservation fot it

but before the start makin them its already sold out

so the market for this kind of resin is doing good

so if you make the ford yes i wil have one ore two , thats great work from the masters

have already make a ford and that came from auskid , have the dodge ls 1000 from aitm and that kind of trucks is for the modelbuilders a must have to

make him part of the collection

one for me on my whislist is a gmc crackerbox , i dont know why but i love the old coe,s

jacobus

I'm thinking I'm going to have to track down some Chevrolet Titan/90 or GMC Astro/95 kits for donors for all of these COEs that are coming out. The Dodge L1000, Marmon COE, Mack F-Series, & Brockway 457 from AITM; and these 2 Ford W-Series. I'd really like to see a decent Crackerbox & Ford H-Series as well.

Edited by Jim B

Those are wind deflectors on the corner. They helped prevent mud/snow/splash debris up on the wide windows and were supposed to keep the wind from buffetting the mirrors. The Ford COE's weren't the most aerodynamic.. :rolleyes: In the 70's, the corner deflectors were very common on Canadian COE's of all makes.

Tim

Well , theres something i've learnt today .