Model Cars Magazine Forum

Putty with less smell?

I admit it. I use the green stuff and I like it. I never had a problem with it. I do think it does have a smell but not too potent.

Great. I use the green stuff for a lot of small spot stuff. It's not a problem unless you try to do a big build up that will not dry immediately and will shrink as it dries over time. All you need to do is add the putty in shallow layers a bit at a time.

32vicky_side-vi.jpg

All the modifications on this one were done with Green Putty over 20 years ago and still look as good as the day they were done!

• 3 weeks later...

Buy the good stuff, Super Milliput White!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CadillacPat

I just did a bit of research on Milliput and came upon the Terracota Milliput which seems to be a two part putty that is pliable and easily smoothed and can be shaped by wetting a cloth ALSO cures rock hard. Does the Super Milliput White have extra benefits over the Terracota Milliput or even the standard Milliput or am I missing something and they all have different uses ? I'm interested in getting some of this Milliput. I also have a question for you in regards to Bondo. When you say Bondo are you speaking of the Automotive Auto Body Bondo filler ? I recently came upon a can of this when cleaning out my fathers upper garage lol. I kept it just in case lol. I havent played with putty to this point in my modeling but am getting ready to for the first time as the windshield in the Nascar kit Im currently building doesnt line up properly with the Hood so Im going to have to putty the gap to make it fit. First for everything huh haha

I just did a bit of research on Milliput and came upon the Terracota Milliput which seems to be a two part putty that is pliable and easily smoothed and can be shaped by wetting a cloth ALSO cures rock hard. Does the Super Milliput White have extra benefits over the Terracota Milliput or even the standard Milliput or am I missing something and they all have different uses ? I'm interested in getting some of this Milliput. I also have a question for you in regards to Bondo. When you say Bondo are you speaking of the Automotive Auto Body Bondo filler ? I recently came upon a can of this when cleaning out my fathers upper garage lol. I kept it just in case lol. I havent played with putty to this point in my modeling but am getting ready to for the first time as the windshield in the Nascar kit Im currently building doesnt line up properly with the Hood so Im going to have to putty the gap to make it fit. First for everything huh haha

Cadalliac Pat ???????