Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wood Brothers Car Hauler

Well poop! After searching the web for several weeks while I was researching this project I never found a photo of the back of the truck.

So of course, now that it's done, guess what pops up on the Wood Brothers Facebook page just this very morning:

C600n-vi.jpg

I'm not going to re-do the model now but I'm excited about getting starting on that modified! :D

• 4 months later...

Great Job Drew I'm crazy nuts about race car haulers of all types. Hard to find reference photos for them. I was working on the Prudhomme hauler. I contacted him about some measurements so I could get it right. The responce I got got back was like a threat from an a legal department basicly don't you dare and get off the planet. Hopefully the new owner will be more accomidating to me and I can build an accurate representation.

Wow, I missed this the first time around, glad it got bumped back to the top.

I grew up not far from the Wood Bros' shop, they're were in Stuart Va, I grew up in Ridgeway Va which is the actual town Martinsville Speedway is located in. Wonder how many times that truck made the trip down US 58 to race at Martinsville or passed through on the way to other tracks? In fact, those concrete stands in that last picture look a lot like what I remember Martinsville looking like when I was a kid. Martinsville was the Daytona of Modifieds so it wouldn't surprise me that the Woods would run a modified there.