Model Cars Magazine Forum

pete 352 110" heavy haul

i started a new project for the winter , this is the 352 110" cab from eric at ppvintagekits.com . im using rg pete 359 frames to make it a 4 axle truck. it will be a cousin to my 4070B double bunk that im gonna get back on along side this one. if my math is right the frame will be 384". i plan on stuffing a cummins 600 KTA under it for power. so far the colors are gonna be rootbeer brown with bronze and flaming orange stripes. any tips and suggestions are needed ;):)

003.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

Dennis,

This Peterbilt is gonna be as sweet as long the frame is. I like the 110'' cab on the long frame, but I would love it, if it was a 362.

I like also the resin gaggets you have there for her, the step-tool box adds to the truck.

Don't forget to add a headache rack, it will be a nice touch.

Kostas.

got the fraim rails all put together, i took my time and got it nice and strait all directions lol. the rear frame is from the can do kit and has a heavy frame so i had to shim my channel to keep frame smooth, then i gotta add strip on top to beef up front half like back. i still gotta remove mounts for the 359 and move the steering box mount forward . then figure out cab mount positions etc etc :D:P

003-1.jpg

002.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

i got the chasiss to rolling and the KTA600 is almost complete, just gotta put the a/c , alternater, and 1 hose off the pump but i need to prime and paint it first. i will also have to move the turbo set up down to make it fit under the cab. it sure is a nice motor, good job on the cast eric!!

005-11.jpg

004-17.jpg

003-19.jpg

002-19.jpg

Dennis,

You have done very nice work so far and I would like to make a suggestion to you before its to late.

If you are going to use that resin step/tool box, it would be better to remove the Peterbilt style frame mounted step mounts. There should be no need for them if you are going to use the step/tool box. So, before you apply any hand of primer, try to remove the frame mounted step mounts from the frame rail. Do it slowly and be patient in order not to cause any damage to the frame rail and also to save the steps for another project.

I have already done this for my project http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26447 because I will use four tool boxes. It is not to hard to remove those step mounts but as I wrote before, you have to be careful to avoid any damage.

Kostas.

• 2 weeks later...

well i used a mock up cab and got the motor to fit , you can see the cab hinges i made so when the cab tilts forward it will clear the texas bumper. i started the paint process on the cab, got the bronze base coat and the flaming orange on, now i gotta get the rootbeer brown on it.

2011-11-08194546.jpg

2011-11-08194526.jpg

2011-11-08094023.jpg

2011-11-08094421.jpg

2011-11-08225606.jpg

2011-11-08225651.jpg

Edited by cowboysevens

now roy i know you cant hold a secrete so tell what ya got goin on lol !! :rolleyes::D:lol: :lol:

LOL!!! It's 1/16 scale and I don't think anyone else has attempted what I'm doin'...When it's far enuf along...I'll post pics...But,PM me your email address and I will send you some "confidential" pics of it !!! TOP SECRET!!! LOL !!! Roy

LOL!!! It's 1/16 scale and I don't think anyone else has attempted what I'm doin'...When it's far enuf along...I'll post pics...But,PM me your email address and I will send you some "confidential" pics of it !!! TOP SECRET!!! LOL !!! Roy

COME ON ... SPILL THE BEANS! :blink: