Model Cars Magazine Forum

oshkosh t1500 ARFF fire rescue 1/12 model vs r/c

WOW...apart from the superb scrachtbuilt truck body and all the details, the the fact that it will be an RC operational unit make it even more impresive build, congratulations on a magnificent work and looking forward to more updates.

hey thnx fred. the brain is burning on this one. have to look 20 steps ahead for electronics

i worked on the dashboard today

i hand to keep in mind to make it removable. so it has 2x mounting screws through the front face plate

this about all i can do for the interior untill i see where the electronics go

but i would like to do door panels and seats.

so if somebody has pictures of this .that would be greatly appreciated

SANY0741.jpg

SANY0742.jpg

SANY0743.jpg

SANY0744.jpg

^^ What Derrick said. :)

This is really starting to take shape man, looks excellent so far. :lol: I'm not familiar with this type of truck, but I would have to say, you are nailing it. :lol:

hey thnx guys really appreciate the compliments

Hey Joe..in your first post you were wondering if this belonged here? OH YEA.....over the line yes..also "outside" the box ETC.. if you looked up scratchbuilding, this would be the definitionbiggrin.gif oh and I love fire trucks!..your gonna have to figure out some video of this when shes done...OUTSTANDING!..

Edited by bsoder

on this truck theres alot of 1st ive ever done on a truck for as scratch building. being on this forum has been a huge inspiration. the talent here is incredible

there some things i would like to make nicer,but its way to late for that. i do have some decals for the dash i found

also i really appreciate letting me have this build here. thank you for compliments, it really helping me

received in the mfu (sound and light kit)

im almost done wiring up the rear, might have some picture of that by tonight

in the mean while as im moving along i paint the rear box and added a couple of detail peices and decals on the engine

SANY0027.jpg

SANY0028.jpg

Man, this is looking waay kool Joe. :lol: Smokin' even.. :lol:

May I ask the source/brand of the light kit you're using ?? They look pretty close to "scale accurate". :angry: May be a handy item at some point.

Man, this is looking waay kool Joe. ;) Smokin' even.. ;)

May I ask the source/brand of the light kit you're using ?? They look pretty close to "scale accurate". B) May be a handy item at some point.

im useing the tamiya mfu 56511 kit. if you dont want sound then theres othere kit to buy. the lenses are from 1/14 scale tamiya semi tractor kits

im useing the tamiya mfu 56511 kit. if you dont want sound then theres othere kit to buy. the lenses are from 1/14 scale tamiya semi tractor kits

:lol: Thanks Joe. I better check them out, they look great.

The build is progressing nicely too....I like the steps, they look very correct, great work. ;):blink:

well ive had a hard time copying the 1:1 cannon, i tried to use a premade one, both didnt look right

so i kind of went with some that looked like it would do

its almost done, i just need to come up with some kind of mini bracket for the cable to operate up and down

SANY0062.jpg

SANY0063.jpg