Model Cars Magazine Forum

currently on my bench is alot of things lol but am working on a 53 ford flipnose that has been turned into what I believe they called a hot top back in the day don't have any pics tonight but will post some tomorrow for sure am still doing some body work on the nose as the lines for the hood were still present but am almost ready to shoot primer and check my work...

currently on my bench is alot of things lol but am working on a 53 ford flipnose that has been turned into what I believe they called a hot top back in the day don't have any pics tonight but will post some tomorrow for sure am still doing some body work on the nose as the lines for the hood were still present but am almost ready to shoot primer and check my work...

mixed3002.jpg

just a rough mock up but you get the basic Idea...

Eelco- I think that you might be wrong about the wheels. Back in the late 80's- early 90's when this style of truck (roadster top) was hot those wheels would have fit the style just perfect. Especially painted white or a pastel color.

Nice job so far Madman. don't forget that the seats should have headrests that stick above the top of the doors. And some paint splash graphics.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

theres actually a hot pink 53 ford like this one on a mid 80s ford running gear with the exact same wheels and convertable top in a early 90s edition of ''truckin'' the magazine. i have the magazine here somewhere that my dad saved. he has over a 150 issues of the late 80s 90s truckin magazines ahha

got some more work done today most of the frame and suspension assembled still need to add shocks brake lines, fuel lines and tank, the engine is a revell parts pack 427 which leaves me one more of those bad boys lol.will get some more pics posted as soon as I get the whole thing primed and the wood finished for the bed. prolly wensday evening or something like that..

• 1 month later...

been while since I have had the time to work on this one but have got some work done to it this week got some new pics on my camera just need to pull um and post um here later today. but basiclly the bodies in paint and I remembered why I paint whit the transparent colors but is the color my wife picked so I willmake it work pics of that to come what will be posting are the base color shots..

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/Moparmadman829/FORD-MERCURY/1953%20Ford%20flipnose/random1005.jpg]http://random1005.jpg

this is just the base coat I layed tranparent candy apple red over this not to sure if I like it but the wife picked it and seems to like it so I will make it work. am keeping the wheels from the older pics but there gonna be shot in the copper base coat color and left at that..