Model Cars Magazine Forum

Waiting on the London Bus?

I will have one of these kits.... Someday! I'm not really intimidated by it, I'm really excited by its layout and parts count. I also build 1/350 scale battleships and aircraft carriers with full WWII era anti-aircraft suites and airwings so I'm used to very complex assemblies. Even though I won't be participating in the community build right now, I WILL be keeping tuned in to the build to see what is being done wth these jewels.

My first thought, when looking at the pics of the test shots, other than "HOLY COW" was that I'd love to see somebody take two of these monsters and build the purple, triple-decker 'Knights Bus' from the Harry Potter series... Hmm... I may have to save up for two kits... build one triple-decker and a single decker...

My first thought, when looking at the pics of the test shots, other than "HOLY COW" was that I'd love to see somebody take two of these monsters and build the purple, triple-decker 'Knights Bus' from the Harry Potter series... Hmm... I may have to save up for two kits... build one triple-decker and a single decker...

That was modelled on the AEC RT Regent, not the RM Routemaster ....

Does anyone know what the deal is with green Routmasters??? I'm by far no expert but are they a different year,place etc?

This is a Sun 1/24th model I got on close out for $40!!!

busdc.JPG

Thats a London Transport Routemaster bus RM2191 (reg. CUV 191C), wearing a special green livery as one of the 1979 commemorative George Shillibeer Omnibus 150th anniversary buses.

After working on an other project I go back to my London bus. After a closer look on the Revell Bus and the Sunstar Bus (Diecast) I must say that Revell made a very good copy of the Sunstar bus. The only differences between is that Revell made a plastic kit and made longer the RML . So it is not a exact copy, but it has the smell of a copy.

The chassis is exactly a copy of the Sunstar model, same simple front axle and rear axle. But the steering of the Revell one is a piece of ######! The drivers compartment is also a copy. if you want to place a driver in your model you have 2 possible ways to do it.

Cut the legs and the butt of the figure or build a new floor. Does some of you have good pictures of the drivers compartment of a RM? The internet is not a good choice

%20drivers%20compartment.jpg

After my first joy to get this bus, I get more and more disappointed about this kit.

Edited by carsntrucks4you

Yeah, but they are not great pics. Had to shoot through the windows.

P1011386t-vi.jpg

P1011387t-vi.jpg

Cranky, I got one of these a month ago and got the chassis and motor built and prepared for paint. But with my current workload, can't seem to get back to the bench. Hoping to write an article about this one, because I'm taking lots of pictures.

You need a shorter driver then. And raise the seat! The floor in the real one is pretty high!

I found a perfect driver figure at Scale Equipment. His name is Earl: http://www.seltd.net/ez-catalog/X344897/17/20023

As for a conductor, I ordered and got this one: http://www.seltd.net/ez-catalog/X344897/17/20016

I also ordered a drunk sitting on a park bench, but Ric sent me the park bench. I guess I gave him the wrong item number.

It's a lighted driver. That bus is that "Coffee In Motion" double decker bus that I posted pics of a while back. (on another thread)

The bus was not an RLM but some residential version with a middle door.

P1011382t-vi.jpg

I made plans to visit a real RLM residing at a local High School here in Salem. They use it to drive to away-games and other school functions. I am just too busy with work to do much modeling.... and it's been raining here daily. Probably won't be till May before I can get out and take pictures of it. :rolleyes: