Model Cars Magazine Forum

I finally got one wrapped up. It's been a while since I actually finished something. I got this truck for my birthday last summer from my girlfriends parents who picked it up on a whim. I wouldn't have built this kit otherwise, but it was a fun build. I kept it pretty basic, just swapped the rims and added the hood scoop from the parts box and added the silver mesh up front which I think looks better than the molded in plastic grill.

There's a lot of fit issues with a lot of the parts on this kit. As this is just something to go on the shelf I didn't worry myself too much with getting every little thing to fit perfectly.

Paint is Testors One Coat Inca Gold. I was really unsure on what color I was going to use as the "stock" colors of black, white or red didn't appeal to me. Then, last weekend as I was looking over my paints, I saw the can of Inca Gold that I grabbed at some point, thinking I'd use it on something and I think it makes this one really look like a lightning bolt!

Enough rambling, I'll let the pictures do the talking. Thanks for looking!

DSC_5733.jpg

DSC_5732.jpg

DSC_5718.jpg

DSC_5722.jpg

DSC_5720.jpg

DSC_5727.jpg

DSC_5726.jpg

DSC_5730.jpg

Thanks for the kind words you guys! I appreciate them.

I'm not a blue oval fan, or that color, BUT, I will say that is a VERY clean, detailed build and THAT I DO like. Congrats.

I couldn't have said it any better.

nice job!

Thanks. I'm not really a huge fan of this truck in general but it was fun to do something I normally wouldn't have otherwise.