Model Cars Magazine Forum

JoHan '63 dodge Polara- I think it's time for a quality resin copy of this one

I can click the link and scroll down , and it's there.

it was a Johan 1963 Dodge Polara,,,,,,,,,,,,, builder.

I was planning to try and snag it at the end, but when it got to over $80 with 3 or 4 days left I said no and just watched it . Sold for over $225. and IMO, thats insane. A dead mint unbuilt just about a month or so ago only sold in the $250 range

I know R+R makes one ( I'll pass thank you)

And I think MCW makes one, but I haven't seen in person

Edited by gtx6970

• 2 weeks later...

I have a R&R one and it is rough and will be sitting in the box for sometime till I get the courage to tackle it.

same here,

I had one and sold it when I got the chance. It was a really thick slush cast piece and I had a feeling it was not going to be an easy build

I have ONE original issue Johan kit and would 'like' to have at least 2 or 3 more.

I can click the link and scroll down , and it's there.

it was a Johan 1963 Dodge Polara,,,,,,,,,,,,, builder.

I was planning to try and snag it at the end, but when it got to over $80 with 3 or 4 days left I said no and just watched it . Sold for over $225. and IMO, thats insane. A dead mint unbuilt just about a month or so ago only sold in the $250 range

I know R+R makes one ( I'll pass thank you)

And I think MCW makes one, but I haven't seen in person

I've got two molded in light green sitting beside my computer right now. I keep them upstairs in case some of my modeling buddies who visits has light fingers. Can't trust anyone with stuff like that...

i can't be of any help in casting one of these,but i CAN be of help to someone with the right trade or trades,i have 5 original jo-han 1963 dodge polara kits,three of these are builders,two are mint in box.i would consider letting two of the builders go for the right trade.these were not cheap when i bought them on ebay,so it would have to be a pretty good trade,or trades.i am currently looking for: an AMT 1971-72 gmc sierra grande pickup,amt 1972 gmc jimmy,or any early issue 1958-1972 chevy or gmc truck kit,MPC commando,jeep dune buggy,or chevy/gmc pickup.i am also looking for gmc conversions/bodies from shawn carpenter,certain modelhaus kits/conversions,(mainly mopar),certain replicas and miniatures items, original issue JO-HAN 1962 dodge dart hardtop,or a reliable resin mustang LX.also looking for a r&d unique air compressor,or any pursuit plastics police decals.there are probably lots of other things i would be interested in as well.let me know if anyone has any interest in these,and what you have to trade.