Model Cars Magazine Forum

Back on the Bench! CBP

Jantrix

Getting stuff done! Along with these I do have a big truck on the go. Got paint on the Deuce this is a model that I wanted to build for sometime All the kits out there where junk they did build nice looking cars but they where just not right.I found a sight that has tons of info on the real car and clones that where just perfect so there is lots of info.post-6187-0-23492800-1371914280_thumb.jp The frame is scratch built the only kit part in the frame is the center member it is from the ala cart. The front end has a modified front axle with scratch done spindles leaf springs with working shackles the same goes for rear end.More to come

Edited by b_lever1

My 29 roadster pick up> this has not been touched in almost 3 years.The frame started with the speedwagon frame and scratch tube cross members.Fender set from the speedwagon.The body tub is from the speedwagoncowl and ala cart body with lots of body work post-6187-0-50167700-1371915091_thumb.jppost-6187-0-82203000-1371915160_thumb.jp The box is modified sweedwagon back body.

Edited by b_lever1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man, I finally found the CBP for me!! All of my builds are stalled in some form or another. I had a friend over the other night and we were going through my stash. I have in- progress builds that go back 24 years (69 Rampage Camaro) I have been focusing on a couple lately to get them finished. They are a 50 Ford Sedan and a 41 Chevy pickup. I am also working on a 51 Chevy.

I am going to a buddy's house tonight to build. I'll take some photos to post.

Later-

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, another Back on the Bench project. AMT '49 Ford. Going full kustom on this one, including a chop and turning it into a hardtop. I'm also using the front/rear rolled pans and will be extending the short spearlike bodyline from the rear tail light all the way to the edge of the door. Paint is still up in the air at the moment, but I'm thinking something glossy with some scalloped decals.

2012-03-07191929.jpg

2012-02-25163235.jpg

2012-03-06193640.jpg

Rob the old shoebox looks great well good thing this CBP is never ending having to pack up my shop.Last time I had to do this was because of the BIG D, well here we go again.Started to pack up tonight tons of kits started never finished, but this does have a happy ending new life,new wife,new house, with a monster TOYBOX can not wait to get in the new house.Still don't know how or what to put/build new place,see new shop in general forum still will have the van out and working on it.

Awesome Bob. Can't wait to see the new workshop.

Guys, I decided to try my first chop. First off, it's nothing fancy. I nixed the B-pillars and just cut the top into two pieces, leaned the A and C pillars in a bit, filled in the missing length. I wanted a hardtop, so I'm not adding modified B pillars back to it, but it makes the windows seem super long and I'm never liked that so I added some stock to make the C - pillar larger, something I've never seen done before on a custom. I'm going to clean it up a bit and prime just to see how it looks, but I'd love some opinions.

First is the side I haven't modified yet.

2013-10-05092124_zps7ddaa4eb.jpg

This side has the modified C-pillar.

2013-10-05092053_zpse232ee54.jpg

2013-10-05092043_zpscd44c61d.jpg

2013-10-05091944_zps8739e973.jpg

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

nooooo!! this thread cant be dead!?!? I am sure we all have projects to keep this thread going! I started up a thread a few days ago just for builds like this and canned it when I found this one. well, I am here to revitalize this thread. I have so many projects, it's totally ridiculous. I was hoping to get everyone to suck it up and get a project done each month of this year. yea, you know you have that many projects. just post up a picture of the build in it's current state and at minimum, when you complete it, then move onto the next one. well, that is my goal, 1 per month at the least (ha, I could go for a few years). so, will there be anyone to man up and join me?

in no particular order, here is a small sampling of my projects;

post-5121-0-03960900-1389886649_thumb.jp

my 40 ford

post-5121-0-39644300-1389886672_thumb.jp

41 Plymouth

post-5121-0-69251100-1389886699_thumb.jp

60 starliner

post-5121-0-24252600-1389886729_thumb.jp

62 catalina (this is on the bench now)

continued.......

• 2 weeks later...

well, for one, this post will send us back up to the top, and 2; I fell into the old project trap ... twice. someone was looking for some engine parts, so I got my box of "bagged motors" out and what to my surprise, a blown big block chevy motor I had forgotten about. "man, this would look GREAT in that 66 pro street nova I was doing." so, I set it aside, started digging some more for the stuff I was suppose to be looking for and lo and behold, I find another chevy big block. "well, this would look AWESOME in that other 66 nova I was planning on making a sleeper out of......"

i started the new year out with;

1 - 55 chevy drag car

2 - 62 Pontiac pro street

on my bench, then sometime, don't know how but these got added........

1 - 60 starliner pro street

4 - 32 ford pro street

5 - 70 super bee

6 - 70 coronet 500 pro street....

...to the bench, and now I have added 2 66 nova's. hmmmm, i have got it bad!!! my goal is to have at least 4 of these done by the end of February.... wish me luck!!

Edited by tubbs

• 4 weeks later...

well, time to throw another post up here and get it back to the top of the page. I have revamped my projects, again but just a little. still have the 55 AWB car, the hemi 70 super bee, the 32 highboy and the 62 Pontiac pro street/drag (still not really sure which way I am going on this). I have added another 55 chevy. never could get direction on this, different engines, different wheels and paint schemes... well, I have finally locked it down to this.......

post-5121-0-50684500-1393270494_thumb.jp

this is Scott Sullivan's 55 they call, Cheez-Whiz". I will not be able to duplicate it exactly, but I will get as close as I can. this is what I will be starting with......

post-5121-0-16088300-1393270627_thumb.jp

the only thing different from this photo is that is in primer. have sorted parts out, now that I have direction, I can roll on this one.

funny, this car got the title because in the Car Craft article, Scott was shown pouring cheez whiz out of the container onto the trunk of the car to show off the color. spoke to him at the Hot Ron Nat's and he stated that he added red food die to the cheez whiz to make the whiz look the same as his car.

I know, more useless info for you guys to forget.

wish me luck,

Tubbs