Model Cars Magazine Forum

CROSSROADS BLUES RAT ROD (STACEY DAVID 32)

Dr. Cranky

It looks like you were serious when you said it would be finished this week end. The only thing I still do not see is the guitar and you did say you were doing it last as I recall. You are a man with a plan indeed! Thanks Doc, you have inspired me to try and finish one this week end. :)

It looks like you were serious when you said it would be finished this week end. The only thing I still do not see is the guitar and you did say you were doing it last as I recall. You are a man with a plan indeed! Thanks Doc, you have inspired me to try and finish one this week end. :)

LOL, why did you think I said this weekend? Because I have to finish the guitar! I am looking forward to it. Billy Gibbons "Gibson Bones"!

Stay tuned for more progress. I just finished adding a last few rounds of dust and dirt . . .

I sure am, James. As a matter of fact, this kit is my number one contender for Doctor Cranky's ONE-MODEL-A-MONTH-FOR-TWELVE-MONTHS build in 2014. Working with this kit to see how different each model can be, six shiny and six not.

What is it that you don't like about the hood?

I think the hood looks cool.. one thing about these old ford roadsters. there is a billion in 1 ways to build them.

Precisely why this one is a great contender for my year-long, one-model-per-month build.

Dr........this build sure is sweet man !!!!!!.........turned out fantastic.........love all the unique details :)

Thanks, John, coming from you that's a real energy boost!

Love it. Frankly, I think the porthole hood works much better with your irreverent build style than it does on the shiny original.

Bill, I think the trick for a shiny one might be not to use the inserts and just put a nice mesh that looks in scale. Or, drill out the inserts too.

What is it that you don't like about the hood?

It looks to me like it doesn't fit or line up very well. The back looks low, the front looks too high and the body line doesn't match up. I don't know if that's what you trying do or if it was something with the kit. Either way I love the build and like it better without the hood.

Edited by jrherald420

came out awsome !!!!!!!!!!!

i think without the white door / trunk logos it would also be very cool but this also looks great

the weathered look is just perfect ... love all the details

especially like the thread of the rear tyres , usually i have thos revell ones that keep having a thick line in the middle of the thread when you sand it it doesnt get much better , smooth but still...

cant waight to see the next build :)