Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 379 Lowrider with Mac 40ft frameless dumptrailer.

My latest creation is this 1:15 scaled Peterbilt 379 lowrider, with fitting 40ft Mac enddump trailer. The whole thing is 100% genuine Lego, including retrofitted electroplated bricks, so true chrome. Everything has full detail including lowered chassis, C15 engine, and cabin interior. It took me about 5 weeks of work on it.

7979888251_62fa1948d0_b.jpg

Same picture with 'ghostview of the engine (the hood is tiltable as well,but i like making these type of pictures in Photoshop:

7979888017_b7ca3d512a_b.jpg

And with the trailer:

7979887679_db6bc122a7_b.jpg

And the rear view. I would have liked the tiles on the trailer all chromed, but it is quite expensive. It would look marvelous though i think.

7979888554_4ff726d584_b.jpg

Thanks for your comments!

IS this a Lego kit or did you pull from thin air??

It is my build from scratch, like all my creations. I think like most of us here, i don't like building standard stuff.

Marvelous indeed! I thought the Dutch were big Mack enthusiasts.

Indeed, I guess that origins after the war when Mack trucks were a common sight in Holland. They are more or less a synonym for USA trucks here.

Peterbilt and Kenworth are less known on avarage. I am a big Peterbilt enthusiast though.

Edited by Bricksonwheels

Thanks for your comments!

It is my build from scratch, like all my creations. I think like most of us here, i don't like building standard stuff.

Indeed, I guess that origins after the war when Mack trucks were a common sight in Holland. They are more or less a synonym for USA trucks here.

Peterbilt and Kenworth are less known on avarage. I am a big Peterbilt enthusiast though.

So when are going to see a Cruiseliner, Superliner or Pinnacle Rawhide?

• 3 weeks later...