Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where can I find this engine in 1:25 or 1:24 scale

• 2 weeks later...

The one SourKraut has (assuming you can ever get in touch with him) is the Auslowe 8V92TA, where the one in the AMT kits is a 8V92N.

Check with Evan over at Melbourne Model Truck Accessories: http://www.freewebs..../truckparts.htm

or Auslowe: http://www.auslowe.com.au/

Yes they both have them and the ones from Melbourne have the right shape valve covers and correct turbochargers too.

Just to clarify,the cast aluminum valve covers you see in these pictures were only available(from the factory anyway) on the 92 series,the rounded "Stamped steel" valve covers were what was put on the71 and 53 series 8-V's. That being said the valve covers are interchangable from the 71 and 92 series.

That is really a good looking powerplant,hopefully it stays clean.

Thank you all for the help!

I checked the AMT kits on e-bay. They are a bit steep. I am building this on comission. I have to check with my client to see if he want to invest in a full kit.

I am also concerend about the raised lettering on the valve covers. The resin kits don't seem to have that. I do not know if the AMT kits do. I am not sure how to create it. You would have figured Archer would have made raised letter decals by now..

The engine should stay clean. This is for a street rod. Take a peek above the manifold.I would post more, but I was asked not to publish.

Scott