Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Today thanks to the FedEx man, i received my most recent Ebay purchase, a 1/12 Scale Motorsport 935 detail kit, and wow, let me say it is everything I thought it would be and more. amazing quality.

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

Then not today but on Saturday, my wonderul wife took me to harbor freight and bought me a mini-lathe. I had been wanting one for a while, with all the overtime I have been getting at work and with a recent raise, my wife decided she would take me to get it. I got it all cleaned up and adjusted, have some basic tools for it, just waiting for some time to get out there and try it out.

IMG_0540.jpg

Haven't picked it up yet but..... A Vortec 350 for the trans am

Out of a 98 heavy half ton chev so it'll be a 4 bolt main block as well as set up for roller lifters from the factory. 1 piece rear main seal is nice too!

Getting it, complete for 200 bucks. A set of bare in built vortec head castings sell for thatuch alone.

Gotta go pull it out of the truck myself though.

Long term plans for the 350 involve a stroker crank, AFR CNC ported heads and a massive solid roller cam, and a whoooooolllle lot of nitrous.

Long long term plans are 6.0 litre Ls swap with some form of forced induction either a large single turbo, 2 small (ish) turbos, or a great big centrifugal super charger

Well i got the street machine super set for 35 , and another MC aeroback for my collection for $14. I am very happy to have found the monte carlo. I have 3 now along with #3 aeroback nascar, and afraid to build them cause I want to build up enough skill.

post-10617-0-89864100-1378397544_thumb.j

post-10617-0-45342800-1378397549_thumb.j

I can't believe they reissued this kit! I love the thing and have four or five in my meager stash. It looks like they added some cool stuff, too.

It's a neat kit..this is my first. I remember when it was out in the 90s...it's such an offbeat subject that I had to have it..

I bought these from a Local Model Car Show, now the only problem is that where should I put those? :D

f98f4647-0aba-4122-87c0-e337d09d365f.jpg

The Van, Boat and Trailer kit has almost all parts, only a few small parts are missing. It was 20 Euros ($26) so I had to take it. The Pinto FC is unstarted, only taillights are missing, but with a good price I bought that too. Those all bodies were in one pack, which I bought because of that '56 Chevy Sedan. Oh and that '58 Impala is Trophy Series kit Glue Bomb, which will be built as a Custom.

Edited by W-409

Today thanks to the FedEx man, i received my most recent Ebay purchase, a 1/12 Scale Motorsport 935 detail kit, and wow, let me say it is everything I thought it would be and more. amazing quality.

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

Then not today but on Saturday, my wonderul wife took me to harbor freight and bought me a mini-lathe. I had been wanting one for a while, with all the overtime I have been getting at work and with a recent raise, my wife decided she would take me to get it. I got it all cleaned up and adjusted, have some basic tools for it, just waiting for some time to get out there and try it out.

IMG_0540.jpg

Chris; You hit the diamond mine!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...