Model Cars Magazine Forum

coe aerodyne question

Not sure you need to as Both AMT & Revell offered KW COE Aerodynes.

They should be available. And likely, AMT will re-issue their's soon

with all the truck kits they Are re-issuing

I know they did but I cant afford one for 80 dollars and want to build one as soon as possible and its an excuse to build snowmans w900 and an aerodyne coe without letting the sleeper from the w9oo go to waste B):)

You can make it work. The K123 model is a shorter cab than the AMT aerodyne model (though you could get the aersodyne in the 86" cab as well). The K123 is also an older cab (early 70's vs. early 80's for the aerodyne model). If you change the door handles and vent windows you can update the cab pretty easily if you are really that picky though.

You can make it work. The K123 model is a shorter cab than the AMT aerodyne model (though you could get the aersodyne in the 86" cab as well). The K123 is also an older cab (early 70's vs. early 80's for the aerodyne model). If you change the door handles and vent windows you can update the cab pretty easily if you are really that picky though.

naa the coe will be my 3rd or fourth commercial truck model so still getting out the basics would I still have to update it to make a 74-78

You'll also need the wider grill.

the aerodynes came with wider grills ?

Actually all k models got a wider grille in the mid 70s. AMTs k123 is a 71 vintage. The wider grille was because of bigger radiators to accomadate higher horsepower engines.

The wider grill was only an option on the K models until '79 or '80 (I can't remember the exact year now), then it became standard after that.

I made the W model into a flat top and held the raised roof section up on the coe.It fits good ,the corners may need a little work.Back in the day some companys made aftermarket aerodyne roofs so a little mismatch on the older cab would be ok

Edited by mistermodel

I made the W model into a flat top and held the raised roof section up on the coe.It fits good ,the corners may need a little work.Back in the day some companys made aftermarket aerodyne roofs so a little mismatch on the older cab would be ok

To answer the the original question it would be fine commercial vehicles recieve many modifications sometimes one of a kind so really anything is possible.