Model Cars Magazine Forum

Guys, please! Best Sox and Martin pics?

• 2 weeks later...

If you google Sox and Martin Cuda or Pro stock you'll get a LOT of the restored car. IF thats what your after to replicate.

If you want to replicate the car as it was back then ,,( my preferance ) it gets a tad tougher to come up with pics. Ebay is a good source .

I have a bunch of S+M pics,,although not all are of this car I can try to post ,,as time goes by

Here are a few of the ones I have handy

http://home.fuse.net/jallphin/Sox-Martin/

Planning on building the new Revell version and need the best reference. Can someone help?

Marcos....the kit appears to be based on a relatively recent restoration of the original car which was the subject of a five-page, all color feature ("Chariots of the Gods, by Paul Zazarine), "in the October, 2008 issue of Popular Hot Rodding magazine. (I bought an extra copy and sent it to the team at Revell back then when I was campaigning - along with many others, apparently - for a new tool '70 Hemi 'cuda kit).

This article has most if not all the photos you would need. I expect it's still available as a back issue (though PHR itself is about ready to publish its last ever issue, sadly), and it might be on their website as well. Some photos from the article have appeared in a Google Image Search.

There were also a couple of photos of the restoration in an article called "Sox and Martin - Making Plymouth Great a Quarter Mile at a Time" in the October, 2010 issue of Mopar Muscle magazine.

But I recommend the PHR story. Will be looking forward to seeing your project take shape! TIM

Edited by tim boyd