Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Camaro

Scalper

My First Ever WIP. I go this model long time ago. always wanted to build it. Went to my mom's to feed the cats. So I went into my secret stash. Pulled this one out And said "Its your lucky day Camaro"

Engine is al most Complete.

Inside the car will be a Tan shade.

Body first coat. been about week since a sprayed her. Needs a but of work before I put another coat on.

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

Thanks. more to come.

Edited by Scalper

Yeah the wires are ab it big . seem bigger in the pictures. I will go to radio shack. err i mean what ever its called now and get some 30 guage. thanks for the comments. The first coat looks pretty deep . I was impressed with the paint its Tamia rattle Can British racing green.

what are you trying to achieve with the sanding ?

i personally dont sand in between coats

i sand the primers and i wetsand/polish the clear but never the colour coats

i would imagine the same idea applies as with primer or clear coat, what are you trying to achieve ?

if you are trying to even out a surface and get rid of imperfections start with as rough as a 200 and worh your way up to a nice sheen

if all you are doing is cleaning it up for a second coat i would imagine 1200 would be plenty ;)

what are you trying to achieve with the sanding ?

i personally dont sand in between coats

i sand the primers and i wetsand/polish the clear but never the colour coats

i would imagine the same idea applies as with primer or clear coat, what are you trying to achieve ?

if you are trying to even out a surface and get rid of imperfections start with as rough as a 200 and worh your way up to a nice sheen

if all you are doing is cleaning it up for a second coat i would imagine 1200 would be plenty ;)

Thanks for the reply. Well I got some cat hairs in the paint on the body . got them out but left some fine lines. So i guess I am just trying to smooth it out before the next coat.

Spark plug wires are a bit big, other than that it's looking very nice,

BTW: if you want some thinner wire get a short roll of telephone wire and cut off the insulation, underneath it is usually red, blue and black, and white, but they can very.

this is an example of the blue telephone wire,

banditsta029.jpg

Edited by Dukefan69'

Thanks for the reply. Well I got some cat hairs in the paint on the body . got them out but left some fine lines. So i guess I am just trying to smooth it out before the next coat.

been there done that

mather of fact, just yesterday i had to do that with a clearcoat i was doing, luckily the second coat flowed nice enough to cover it

heres my kitty

jimmie2-1.jpg

BTW: if you want some thinner wire get a short roll of telephone wire and cut off the insulation, underneath it is usually red, blue and black, and white, but they can very

Hey Nick. This is what I am using for plug wires. maybe the ones I am using are a bit bigger?

Man your cat looks like he is trying to tell you something. lol

I have found that phone wire is to big. I recently found great uses for it though. The best for wires I have found is floral wire. Hobby Lobby has it in different guages. Spray paint or air brush it as regular brush will fall off when you bend it. Now the phone wire I just tried a new trick. The insulation is perfect for spark plug boots ( poor mans way) and radio antenna boot when using guitar string. This is a sample with no color. I trimmed it down after this pic but it worked great! DSC02327.jpg

Edited by Railfreak78

That's why I TRY to keep the cats out of my model area. It doesn't work, though! :lol:

I know that one :lol: Let alone get a model in the mail as soon as you pull it out to look at your kit the cat is in the box! This little girl takes everything

At least my cats don't do that, I don't allow them on the desk. One of my "girls" loves to sleep on top of closed boxes, though! Her favorite is my International Payhauler 500, and at least it's a strong box.

• 2 weeks later...

How's the Camaro coming Scalper?

At least my cats don't do that, I don't allow them on the desk. One of my "girls" loves to sleep on top of closed boxes, though! Her favorite is my International Payhauler 500, and at least it's a strong box.

Since this thread went to the cats instead of the dogs, here's my little girl Libby on her favorite box, and sorry I said before it was a Payhauler 500, it's not, it's a Payhauler 350. Anyway, she thinks its hers! :lol:

HPIM1919.jpg

LOL, I thought I was the only one! I have five cats, er....kids! They love to jump up on the desk while i'm building! Cats hate it when you pay attention to anything but them! I have a rotating Plastruct rack in the main model room and when I open the door, my only male, Smokey, grabs the plastic strips and takes off! I wouldn't trade em for the world though!!!!!

LOL, I thought I was the only one! I have five cats, er....kids! They love to jump up on the desk while i'm building! Cats hate it when you pay attention to anything but them! I have a rotating Plastruct rack in the main model room and when I open the door, my only male, Smokey, grabs the plastic strips and takes off! I wouldn't trade em for the world though!!!!!

I have four, two boys and two girls. They all know to stay off the model desk, though. It's amazing what a squirt of water and a light slap to the rump will do! They're allowed anywhere but the counter, table and the computer and especially Daddy's model desk. They're all good kids, though, my oldest girl Shasta is about 10, she came along with my better half, and the youngest girl Libby (the one on the box), and the boys, Doc (short for Dockplate) and Noah Garfield, are all 4 1/2 years old. They are all brothers and sister, I rescued them from under a loading dockplate at a warehouse I used to work for. Libby is short for the name of the company, Doc is because we found them under the dock, and Noah is for the coworker who discovered them, even though he earned the middle name Garfield because he is a little pig like the cartoon character.

Here's the famliy:

Shasta

102_0286.jpg

Left to right, Garfield, Libby, and Doc

KidsPicture.jpg

Now, back to the regularly scheduled model build!

Thanks Guys. The Camaro I have not worked on in a bit. Just found out that my dad has Terminal Lung Cancer. Going to help him move now so he dosnt have to go up and down stairs.

But I will be starting on it this weekend. Keep my mind of things.

But I will show you My Cats.

The big Tabby she is rebel she was hit by a car and left for dead. So I rescued her I took care of her Because all of the shelters wanted to put her down. She is so strong willed and a perfect cat I fell in love with her first site. Since i knew she was not in a lot of pain. I kept her and She is the best Cat ever my big sucky. Sheis so good that she does nto go into things she shouldnt.

And the little one is Scarlet. We got her to keep Rebel busy when we are at work so she could lose weight. they are best of pals Rebel is very protective of Scarlet. If scarlet gets her tail stuck in the door jam. Watch out you will have on Rebel on protective guard.

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

Thanks. Camaro Pics soon.