Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin dirtbikes?

I don't think anybody casts one in resin, but the MPC '74 Dodge Van annual kit included a Yamaha 250DT1 dirtbike.

The MPC '76 Dodge pickup kit also included the same Yahama dirtbike, as well as an additional Suzuki dirtbike.

I believe MPC also offered a 72 Chevy Pickup longbed stepside kit with a dirtbike in it, a Yamaha if I remember correctly. I had several of those kits back in the day, sure wish I still had them!

Looks like it may be the same Yamaha included with the Dodge kits:

1-0411chevystepsidepickup.JPG

In addition to the Datsun custom 4x4 pickup kit Jeff posted above, Revell also included dirtbikes with their "Quicksand" and "Mean Mudder" Chevy custom 4x4 van kits:

MM4x4Van.jpg

Quicksand4x4Van.jpg

...as well as the Snap Kit Chevy 4x4.

I believe MPC also offered a 72 Chevy Pickup longbed stepside kit with a dirtbike in it, a Yamaha if I remember correctly. I had several of those kits back in the day, sure wish I still had them!

Didn't Revell have one as well?? Or did it have a dune buggy on a trailer?? I remember buying and building it back in the 80s but can't recall if it was bikes or buggy.

Didn't Revell have one as well?? Or did it have a dune buggy on a trailer?? I remember buying and building it back in the 80s but can't recall if it was bikes or buggy.

They had the dune buggy which was a close replica of the Honda Odyysey ATV, from the late 70's/early 80's. The dune buggy kit is available in resin form from Scale Equipment LTD.

The MPC kits that had the Yamaha dirt bikes are harder to find but they are out there.

Edited by mikemodeler

• 4 weeks later...

You might be able to convert the Replica & Miniatures of Maryland's Triumph into a dirtbike. The options in the kit makes for a custombike, but as it should not be hard to modify using tires from a later Revell, or MPC casting.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an unbuilt in the MPC 74 issue 72 Longbox Stepside kit If anyone is interested in casting it.

The bike in the Bigfoot-1 is more of a Minibike, not a Dirt bike. I have one.

It's the same as in the 6-wheel Ford Econoline van kit.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an unbuilt in the MPC 74 issue 72 Longbox Stepside kit If anyone is interested in casting it.

The bike in the Bigfoot-1 is more of a Minibike, not a Dirt bike. I have one.

It's the same as in the 6-wheel Ford Econoline van kit.

I have the Minibike as well and it is a Honda Trail 70.It's not a dirt bike but trust me it does just fine off road,I have a real one. The model is pretty accurate except for a few things,The seat is a little off and the tail light/plate bracket are a little small and the speedometer is connected to the head light like the Dax,The European version that was marketed.And of course there were several different styles of tail pipes for the bike.I will be building one soon but I'm currently working on the vandal mini bike A.K.A. The Taco Burrito.If anyone needs reference pic's I'm willing to help someone out.

• 3 months later...