Model Cars Magazine Forum

If your car was on the cover of a VERY popular magazine, would it have an oil leak ?

Could somebody please post page 76, 84, or 90...... :grin:

finally got to see pages 76, 84 and 90. nice, but that rat-rod style chick dosn't do much for me. i found myself flipping back to the cars

as far as the oil leak, when i see this guy at the local cruize, i can say, "hey, your car was in Hot Rod abd it leaks oil" how proud will he be that i know his car by the oil leak.

those are not real eyes, they are photoshopped in.... probably like the oil leak.

Now that's funny!

Everybody should take a deeeeeeep breath and pump the brakes..... Let's have fifty posts debating the validity of some of those Gals assets . At least study those pictures for faults would be enjoyable!

BTW: Whenever I have my car at a show or cruise and someone tries and pick my car apart I just ask them where their car is. The critics usually shut up and move along.....

Now that's funny!

Everybody should take a deeeeeeep breath and pump the brakes..... Let's have fifty posts debating the validity of some of those Gals assets . At least study those pictures for faults would be enjoyable!

BTW: Whenever I have my car at a show or cruise and someone tries and pick my car apart I just ask them where their car is. The critics usually shut up and move along.....

how true!! its amazing how many book smart, garage empty fellows are walking around at shows. not saying thats bad, just annoying. much eazier to buy a book than it is NOS emblems for your runner!!

Yeah.... They're out there. I had one guy flat out tell me I had the incorrect grain on my door panels! I told him not to look under the hood or the 6 Bbl. would kill him.

And yes, my car had a full page feature in Mopar Enthusiast and a mention ( with pictures....) in Mopar Muscle. And my rear main seal drips, but don't tell anyone!

And yes, my car had a full page feature in Mopar Enthusiast and a mention ( with pictures....) in Mopar Muscle. And my rear main seal drips, but don't tell anyone!

Really? Cool !!

Was it on the cover ? Full spread of your chrome oil pan, axle, starter, gear box ? And everything else you could put on there to draw attention ?

Without having the mag in front of me I have a few questions, are there any pics of the car doing a burnout or taking a pass down a track? It could be that the car started out whistle clean and they got some shots of it, then they decided to get a few action shots which produced the leak, then the photographer decided he needed a few more stationary shots and they shot the car without doing 1000% reclean on it. Should they have rechecked it, of course, is it the worst thing on the cover of Hot Rod, not be a long shot. Remember the $500 Chevette with the 500 Caddy motor?

And as for whether to fix leaks or not I guess it depends on what it is and how much it is to fix it. My Cadillac has a half case leak and to fix it requires complete removal of the engine then disassembly of the entire bottom end of the engine, you might as well change the crankshaft bearings while you're in there. The repair costs between $1500 and $2000 on a car with a total value of about $5000, as far as I'm concerned it can leak Jesus comes to get me because it just doesn't make sense to fix it.

Edited by Fat Brian

No burnout pix from what I've seen (I haven't read the whole thing yet). I have noticed, though, that it also has dicolored chrome on the headers :o and a rock in the groove on the right rear cheater slick :o :o !

BTW, only the subscriber version has this car on the cover. The newstand edition has Carly Lyn Terrell in a '59 Chevy, who is also featured on pages 75-77, tats and all :o :o :o:lol::P .

This is fast becoming the most scrutinized 15 seconds in history since the Incident in Dallas back in the '60's. I have revisited these pages after each comment not seeingg evidence of said infractions.

The front cover shot looks good to me. The picture inside the artical has what I think might be a reflection of a crack in the asphalt.Looking at the axel it shows up there as well. There is also a brown hue to many of the under side shots as well. More reflections? :huh::blink: I think another look at the grassy knoll is also in order. ;)

I think another look at the grassy knoll is also in order. ;)

Go for it Cochran, you can see the "alleged" leak, running down the pan. even over the reflection of the axle in the pan. That makes it part of the pan right? :lol: .....i had to throw that in there

I was'nt trying to make a big production of this one picture or vehicle, my question was open to everyone about "A" vehicle that they may have featured in a magazine for a Cover shot.

I realize the Cover shot may not show it very well, but the inside spread of said vehicle does.

So My question again, If you (not this guy) had a vehicle (not this one) on a magazine cover, or even a full spread inside. Would you make sure it didnt have any leaks?

And on a side note, some have made the comment that its a race car, what do you expect. I dont know all the ins and outs, but would a leaking front crank seal, running oil down the pan and under car, pass safety inspection?